Lexington Legends host "Millennial Night."

Hellcats

"A Lexington Legends promotion Monday night had millennials shook, but not the way the minor league team intended.

The Legends received plenty of angry tweets from millennials about Monday's Millennial Night and activities like nap time, petition signing and selfies, but the event was not meant to be negative or critical, according to Anne Mapson, the Legends' special projects manager.

"At first (the negative comments were) a little tough to read, but we were looking at the things we were doing and nothing was malicious," Mapson said. "We didn't realize people would take it in a negative way."

During Monday night's game and promotion, the Legends received positive feedback that outweighed the social media backlash, Mapson said."

Read more here: Lexington Legends activities make some Kentucky millennials mad | Lexington Herald Leader

Who thought this was a good idea? The article said it was dreamed up by millennials, but did the grown-ups in the room speak up and say "it's 2018 we don't need to promote stereotypes"?

I could only imagine other nights that come out of this boardroom. :bag:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the majority of the marketing department for the Legends is made up of college students or fresh graduates. It is hilarious that people get “offended” by this when it’s millenials who probably came up with the idea in the first place.

I assume Millenial night is just everyone trying to enjoy the game with a bunch of condescending baby boomers patrolling the aisles and telling everyone they’re enjoying baseball wrong.

“Get off your phone and help me decide whether to record that as a hit or an error.”

@TAC is going to love this.

They gave them participation ribbons upon entering the game. That’s funny stuff right there. They did get free parking.

If someone got bent about the evening that is a shame.

Some of the tweets were outstanding.

They gave them participation ribbons upon entering the game. That’s funny stuff right there. They did get free parking.

If someone got bent about the evening that is a shame.

Some of the tweets were outstanding.

So millennials are getting all upset over this, doing what millennials do. Seems like a perfectly planned theme night to me.

Why is it insulting?

Go back and re-read all the numerous threads posted on here with the sole intent of insulting, criticizing, or mocking millennials. It just seems like all these hard-working, tough baby-boomers would have better ways to spend their time.