Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 6A

1. Trinity- The trendy/hipster thing to do is to pick against them. I mean the Rocks have to stop winning at some point? Sure you can do that.. but history suggests you would be picking wrong.

2. St. Xavier- Optimism will be high on Poplar Level Road and for good reason. A very good team returns with a new fearless leader. Kevin Wallace will win a Title in the next 5 years at St. X, my bold prediction, but not sure 2018 is the year it happens.

3. Scott County- The Cards have the beef and the talent to make some serious noise. Barnett and Covington will give Defenses fits all season. Will they have the juice to outlast the Louisville powers? To be determined.

4. Male- Henry Vestal will be one of the best players you haven't heard of yet and Jack Lucas will anchor a Bulldog secondary. Male took a small step back and may not have the high end depth to push Trinity, Male, or Scott County.. but don't count them out.

5. Simon Kenton- The Pioneers keep winning 11+ games and continue to remain a tough out in the 6A landscape. Simon Kenton might not have their stoutest team, but they will once again factor in the grand scheme.

Is there a new high school opening in Scott Co?

GreatCrossings in 2019.

Fixed it for you.

And for anyone following who doesn't know, both Scott County and Great Crossing will both be in 5A to start in 2019, although I'd guess both find their way back to 6A very soon.

1. Trinity- The trendy/hipster thing to do is to pick against them. I mean the Rocks have to stop winning at some point? Sure you can do that.. but history suggests you would be picking wrong.

2. St. Xavier- Optimism will be high on Poplar Level Road and for good reason. A very good team returns with a new fearless leader. Kevin Wallace will win a Title in the next 5 years at St. X, my bold prediction, but not sure 2018 is the year it happens.

3. Scott County- The Cards have the beef and the talent to make some serious noise. Barnett and Covington will give Defenses fits all season. Will they have the juice to outlast the Louisville powers? To be determined.

4. Male- Henry Vestal will be one of the best players you haven't heard of yet and Jack Lucas will anchor a Bulldog secondary. Male took a small step back and may not have the high end depth to push Trinity, Male, or Scott County.. but don't count them out.

5. Simon Kenton- The Pioneers keep winning 11+ games and continue to remain a tough out in the 6A landscape. Simon Kenton might not have their stoutest team, but they will once again factor in the grand scheme.

Simon Kenton is tough, but they would be 5B because Ryle would be 5A. Ryle has beaten them the last two seasons. I would probably rank Butler at 2 or 3 with what they have coming back. They outed both Ryle and Male last year before falling to St. X.

St. X has most starters back on D and should be good on that side of ball. The offense has to replace some big shoes on the OL. Implementing a whole new play book may take some time. The junior class went undefeated as frosh and sophmores. I believe should be solid #2 and Trinity should be #1 until someone proves they can beat them.

Simon Kenton is tough, but they would be 5B because Ryle would be 5A. Ryle has beaten them the last two seasons. I would probably rank Butler at 2 or 3 with what they have coming back. They outed both Ryle and Male last year before falling to St. X.

Good call on Butler. They should be on the radar for sure.

St. X has most starters back on D and should be good on that side of ball. The offense has to replace some big shoes on the OL. Implementing a whole new play book may take some time. The junior class went undefeated as frosh and sophmores. I believe should be solid #2 and Trinity should be #1 until someone proves they can beat them.

Seen or heard anything about spring practice?