Golden State 119 Houston 106 - Western Conference Finals (Game 1)

Chuck said it best at halftime when the score was tied at 57 that both squads were scoring but Golden State was scoring much easier. I thought Houston played really well, but when Golden State is on, they are unstoppable.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't watch the NBA but there was an article in Sports Illustrated recently about their offense being very boring, and very efficient.

It is awful. Basically it is James Harden dribbling the shot clock down every possession at the top of the key. Other players stand outside the arc. Two things then happen. Harden will do a step-back three and try to draw contact. Or, if Harden gets by his man he drives and kicks it out for a three if the defense collapses or he gets to the hoop and attempts to draw a foul. Every fourth possession it will be CP3's turn to do the same routine. Getting back to efficiency, there was an advanced level stat on how the Houston Rocket's cover less distance per game on offense than any other team, yet finished second in the league in scoring. To have any kind of shot both CP3 and Harden have to be on... and they were last night, yet it was still never in doubt.

The KD hot takes are coming in so fast and furious I can’t help but wonder if folks quit watching him play basketball for some reason. It’s like folks forgot how good he was.

He's incredible.

I still can't figure out why he doesn't get crushed for going there to win a ring the way Lebron did going to Miami.

Without KD the Warriors are very very good, with him they are nearly unbeatable.

He's incredible.

I still can't figure out why he doesn't get crushed for going there to win a ring the way Lebron did going to Miami.

Without KD the Warriors are very very good, with him they are nearly unbeatable.

He’s been crushed for it. A whole lot. Not LeBron scale crushing but he’s been crushed. People even brought back old tweets he said about how he would never join a team like that. OKC went all out to crush him. Cupcake t shirts and Koward t shirts.

He’s been crushed for it. A whole lot. Not LeBron scale crushing but he’s been crushed. People even brought back old tweets he said about how he would never join a team like that. OKC went all out to crush him. Cupcake t shirts and Koward t shirts.

Yeah he has, but I guess I'm talking more national media than the fans.

Golden State can defend Houston the way no one else in the league can. McGee and Zaza didn't touch the floor and West played 3 minutes. Their "bigs" last night were KD, Green, and Looney. Houston runs a little screen action just to get a switch for Harden but the "best" match up they can get against the Warriors is Curry or Looney--which isn't bad at all. That means less help, fewer open threes, and fewer lobs to Cappela. They want to shoot 40-50 threes. Last night they shot 37 threes and to get to that number there were many forced late in the shot clock and many more contested.

Yeah he has, but I guess I'm talking more national media than the fans.

Add in "The Decision" mess for LeBron and the hatred from his home town--that's the difference. I think KD has taken a lot from the fans and media for the decision but LeBron clearly took more.

Houston's offensive scheme probably has even more to do with it.

They were 3rd in the league in scoring and have a record-setting offense in three-point attempts and makes. Their offense is pretty good. This defense is better.