2018 Class 1A District 5

Should be a pretty fun district to watch next year, Berea will be moved out of district in 2019. Here's my preseason rankings:

1. Paris

2. Bracken County

3. Nicholas County

4. Bishop Brossart

5. Berea

I think the big question will be can Bracken County get their hands on the schools first district championship. Last year they lost 14-34 to Paris.

Nicholas co. Lost 6 sr. From last year and leading rusher in Kody Campbell. They do return Isaac Fryman witch is a 3 yr starter at QB. Be heavly depended on thier Jr. Class. The district should be fun and exciting this year. Paris should be the favorites, but you cant count out BB, Bracken or Nicholas. Berea will be better with a good coach in Stepp.

Agree with most of what Pride posted except Fryman was the leading rusher with 840 yards rushing to Campbell’s 667 yards ... Jackets will miss Campbell on defense as he was their leading tackler ... all the district teams lost important pieces and experience last year but they all have key components coming back also and some young talent on the way ... I look for it to be a very competitive district again this year ... all the teams need to stay away from injuries to key guys

You are correct bow88 Fryman was the leading rusher. Nicholas will have to find a replacement for Campbell on both sides of the ball. It will probably take 2 to replace him. Campbel and Fryman were a good duo. Fryman again will be the main guy on the offensive side but who will be his running mate is wide open. Nicholas will have two solid lineman in Cleaver and Morgan but will need to replace 3 on the offense side of the ball. The biggest question mark will be how they will fair on the defensive side of the ball.