Reds at Giants (5/14 - 5/16)

Reds continue the West coast trip with a 3 game tilt in San Fran beginning tonight.

The Reds enter the game on a red-hot 6 game winning streak. Here's hoping the young arms can keep it up.

Tonight: Romano vs. Stratton

Tuesday: Mahle vs. Blach

Wednesday: Harvey vs. Suarez

Side note: Reds are 11-12 since Riggleman took over.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interested to see Harvey pitch again. Hopefully he can continue to pitch well and the Reds can benefit from the trade.

I have to wonder who gets removed from the rotation when/if Disco is ready to go. I know he starts a rehab assignment this week.

Very interested to see Harvey pitch again. Hopefully he can continue to pitch well and the Reds can benefit from the trade.

I have to wonder who gets removed from the rotation when/if Disco is ready to go. I know he starts a rehab assignment this week.

Have to think it's Bailey. I know he's owed a ton of money, but if they're truly committed to a rebuild, you let the young guys pitch as much as you can.

Reds in the month of May:

Votto: .326/.426/.522 with 2 HR & 9 RBI.

Suarez: .267/.340/.578 with 4 HR & 14 RBI.

Romano: 1-0, with a 1.59 ERA, a .175 OBA and 0.88 WHIP

Mahle: 1-1, with a 2.45 ERA, a .195 OBA and 1.09 WHIP

Hamilton: .324/.410/.500 with 1 HR & 3 RBI, 3 SB.

Gennett: .438/.455/.906 with 4 HR & 10 RBI

Castillo: 2-1 with a 3.06 ERA, a .235 OBA and 1.02 WHIP

Blandino: .316/.458/.526 with 1 HR & 3 RBI

Barnhart: .400/.471/.600 with 3 RBI

Garrett: 7.2 IP, 1.17 ERA, .042 OBA and 0.78 WHIP

Iglesias: 1-0, 4-4 Saves, 7.1 IP, .130 OBA and 0.41 WHIP

Small steps. Happy the Reds no longer have the worst record in baseball. I'm hoping the 4 teams above the Reds beat each other up enough for the Reds to sneak into the scrum by the All-Star Break.

I'd be fully on board for this, but I don't see them ever doing it.

That was the point of my question. I think everyone thinks Bailey is the weak link but I would be very interested to see if they pull him from the rotation. It would be a huge mistake to pull one of the young kids. They are all pitching well and are the future of this rotation.

Riggleman probably doesn't care about that.

No doubt. Especially since he knows he has very little chance securing the job after this season. Last thing he's probably worried about is a washed up pitcher's ego.

My point was specific regarding Bailey's potential "effectiveness" out of the bullpen. I predict he would begin pouting if assigned there.