Boston 108 Cleveland 83 - Eastern Conference Finals (Game 1)

Brad Stevens is at this point in his career, is as good as any NBA coach that I've ever seen. After Kyrie went down I think most thought they would be a quick out come playoff time. But in just the few weeks since the injury Stevens has reworked this team and made them in my opinion the best team in the East, easily.

The Cavs could come back and win this series and it still wouldn't change my opinion of the Celtics Coach!

Boston got a lot of layups.

Another point made during the broadcast, LeBron has to guard someone who is actually aggressive on offense every possession, unlike the previous series’. That could be a factor in this series.

Brad Stevens is amazing. With that said as much as we have heard about LeBron never having enough help. If you put him on this Boston team instead of say Tatum. People would be screaming LeBron doesn't have enough help still.

Imo the Cavs have the more talented roster against this injury depleted Celtics. So the whole LeBron needs more help thing shouldn't come up, if the Celtics win it. But yet somehow it would.

Call me crazy, but I believe Al Horford, Jason Tatum, and Jaylen Brown are the three most talented players in the series after LeBron. And Terry Rozier ain’t far behind.

Boston, as they are currently built, will be the team to beat in the East going forward.

Boston got a lot of layups.

Another point made during the broadcast, LeBron has to guard someone who is actually aggressive on offense every possession, unlike the previous series’. That could be a factor in this series.

Much of it is that LeBron has conserved energy on defense, but his advanced metric numbers on that end of the court have not been too kind. Downright bad most of the year. Offensively he has been tremendous. I still marvel at his court vision.

The Ringer had an article yesterday on how the game yesterday brought out many of the problems Cleveland had during the regular season, particularly guarding the rim where they were one of the worst in the league.

Brad Stevens is amazing. With that said as much as we have heard about LeBron never having enough help. If you put him on this Boston team instead of say Tatum. People would be screaming LeBron doesn't have enough help still.

Imo the Cavs have the more talented roster against this injury depleted Celtics. So the whole LeBron needs more help thing shouldn't come up, if the Celtics win it. But yet somehow it would.

But he can't do it himself!!! ;)

I never garner much sympathy because these teams - since LeBron first left - have all been under the umbrella of LeBron the GM/Coach.

But he can't do it himself!!! ;)

I never garner much sympathy because these teams - since LeBron first left - have all been under the umbrella of LeBron the GM/Coach.

Exactly! James basically has always needed his offenses to be one way. No true big guy. Wants the lane clear, and people just spotted up outside. Very little movement with his teammates and little ball movement besides one pass at most. Which is why his play of his teammates has always been inconsistent. While he may create shots for others. I think it's been shown the best offenses have lots of movement and ball movement. Hence why it seems like the Warriors role players always seem to step up. Even though they have guys like Durant, and Curry. Their all always moving and in the flow of the offense.

I think basically every star in the NBA could scream they need more help. Yet we only hear every year James needs more help. Especially in the East. There is not a single roster in the East that is top notch. You put James on any team in the East and people will still say he needs more help. When I look at the Cavs I don't think his supporting cast is that bad. In fact I think if you take LeBron off that team and put a offense that best suits those players and have a lot more movement it wouldn't be bad at all. Just looking at some of the playoff teams this year their rosters aren't better. But they know how to play together. The Celtics are a perfect example. No business being where they are, but they know how to play together. Even the Warriors weren't the Warriors until Kerr put a system in place that allowed them to take off. How James needs his offenses to play, keeps others from consistently performing at high levels. Which makes his supporting cast look bad and hence the cries for more help.

Sorry the whole LeBron needs more help always irirates me lol. LeBron is amazing and definitely is fair to have him on the conversation for the GOAT. Just hate always hearing that need more help excuse.

Boston, as they are currently built, will be the team to beat in the East going forward.

I’m a 76ers guy. I agree with you, although my boys are set for the future and the Celtics/Sixers rivalry has been restored.

That being said, Philly needs to hit big with a free agent this summer.