Lyon County 2018/2019

The Lyons have the top ranked incoming 7th grader in the state in Travis Perry who led them to the middle school state championship in 6th grade. Perry is considered a top 10 player nationally at this stage at a minimum, most consider him top 3-5.

Have watched the Perry kid play and he is really good. Their AAU team is ranked top 5 nationally in the country. Have heard he will have to go the prep school route his senior year as he will max out in age as a junior. It seems as most young great kids are going this route now.

A couple things, one I see no possible way that he will max out in age, his father Ryan is way to smart for that and no way he has his son set up to where he is to old for his senior season, I feel that is probably just jealous people.

Secondly, Travis is very good and legit right now vs his peers, however he is already taller than his father and saying he is doing prep senior season, is surely not the plan, maybe the hope or dream but not the plan guaranteed.

• 5 months later...

Allow me to clarify the question about Travis going to prep school his senior year, that is not in the cards. Travis just turned 13 years old the very end of April, he is not even close to maxing out age for his senior season. Unfortunately he has dealt with everyone thinking he is way too old his whole career because he is extremely mature and already tall. I am his father so my info is accurate. Many in KY hold out hope he goes to prep school but unfortunately for them he makes the age cutoff by 8 months. Please inform these people who have been misinformed.

• Like 1

Great to hear we have some talent back in the district, and I've heard about the kid as that's impressive to have someone ranked that high nationally in our area, I will certainly follow him. I played for Livingston county and had several friends I played against at lyon county. A few years prior to my time Keith Matchem (spelling?) was a really good player for lyon. Look forward to following your boy rhperr0 and congrats on all the fun you will have watching him grow!

Have you always been in the lyon county area or did you move in from another area?

This is a little off topic but Keith Matchen and his brother Fred were both really good for Lyon. Their nephew Jordan Gary played there and ended up playing and graduating from Hopkinsville. Lyon County has had a lot of talent over the years. I hope they have a good year.

• 1 month later...
He can score but I was just as impressed with his passing.

I agree, if he had more players to set up he would be deadly. They face guarded him all night but if he got the ball something was gonna happen. Great range, speed with the ball is High level, now just has to hope Mother Nature gives him about 3 more inches of growth.