Frederick Douglass QB Cameron Jones commits to Cincinnati

Per 247 Sports, Frederick Douglass quarterback Cam Jones has committed to the University of Cincinnati. His transfer from Knott County Central to FD has garnered a lot of attention. At 6'8" and nearly 250 lbs, he certainly has the measurables that D1 coaches are looking for. His continued development with the Broncos will be an intriguing storyline to follow this upcoming season.

Cameron Jones Talks Cincinnati Commitment

Shame on me, but I’ve never heard of this kid before, not sure why, maybe I’ve had tunnel vision with 2018 recruiting with my son. But what did I miss?? 6’8” 250 QB ? This kids athletic ability at this size must be off the charts. My next mouse click is gonna be his Hudl vid. Will UC keep him at QB or move him to TE?? They just got a reallly really good TE from 2018 class in Josh Whylie.

Wow...last I read about him they didn't know if he was going to win the QB job at FD. I guess he made a good impression on UC from his playing days at Knott County for UC to offer him a scholarship. Good luck to the young man.

My guess is he eventually ends up at TE/OT/DE but he will get a shot at QB when he gets to campus. Gino Guidugli was the lead recruiter and is really high on the kid...

Surprises me he commits to UC, considering some of the reasons he transferred to FD. Maybe the timing of the commitment is more surprising.