Open Job: Lincoln County

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve heard the same. I heard he was coming to Boyle County as a teacher and coach. If true this would mean the last two Lincoln County head coaches left Lincoln County to become assistants at Boyle County. Add in Larry French who left the Lincoln County head coaching job to become the head coach at Boyle County and that makes it the last three head coaches at Lincoln County left for Boyle County.

I’m hearing the same.

Travis Leffew

4 Seasons

44 total games (10-34)

14 district games (2-12)

4 playoff games (1-3)

2014: 3-7 5th in 5 team district

2015: 3-9 3rd in 4 team district

2016: 1-10 4th in 4 team district

2017: 3-8 4th in 4 team district

His four year tenure is the last four of a 10 year string of losing seasons since LC lost to Highlands in 5A semi-final in 2007.

Coach Leffew is going to be missed. He is also the Athletic Director and was probably the best AD in school history. From what I understand, the decision to leave was all his.

Now, what can Lincoln do to stop the losing skid? And, more importantly, what coach wants to try? The last two were capable but the wins were tough to get.

I give Travis a ton of credit. He had the right idea of building a program from the ground up. He worked very hard to get the youth league linked to the middle school linked to the high school.

I hope whoever comes in continues to carry this torch. In good time, Lincoln can have a successful program. Travis has planted the seeds, time and patience will get the Pats where they want to be.

New district is about as tough as it gets

Doesn't get any easier than what they've been battling that is for sure. I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to stay in 5A to be honest.

Corbin, Knox Central, Wayne County and Russell County. Russell County has been down in recent years, but they will bounce back. It's going to be a fight every year to just get a 4th seed.

Doesn't get any easier than what they've been battling that is for sure. I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to stay in 5A to be honest.

Corbin, Knox Central, Wayne County and Russell County. Russell County has been down in recent years, but they will bounce back. It's going to be a fight every year to just get a 4th seed.

Russell County was moved to District 2 today so Lincoln will be with Corbin, Knox Central, and Wayne.

A once proud program has fallen so far. Hopefully, someone can lead the charge to restore it. There's not a lot of better atmospheres for high school football than Death Valley when the program is right!