Covington Holy Cross hires Brandon Grammer as boys hoops coach.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say confirmed...by who? Have not seen nor have not heard official announcement to the the HC Community. If the decision was shared with the existing players, so be it as that is understandable. However immediately next the school should have done this officially. Same thing happened with the girls varsity coach hiring. I consider myself pretty involved at the Cross but found out via Blue Grass Preps. Not that I don't consider you a reliable and legitimate news source, LOL, but I should have found it out first from the school officially. Similar to a press release. On the school's website, parent email distribution, and School Facebook page and other social media Outlets. A collaboration of communication from the school. Just extremely disappointed.

You say confirmed...by who? Have not seen nor have not heard official announcement to the the HC Community. If the decision was shared with the existing players, so be it as that is understandable. However immediately next the school should have done this officially. Same thing happened with the girls varsity coach hiring. I consider myself pretty involved at the Cross but found out via Blue Grass Preps. Not that I don't consider you a reliable and legitimate news source, LOL, but I should have found it out first from the school officially. Similar to a press release. On the school's website, parent email distribution, and School Facebook page and other social media Outlets. A collaboration of communication from the school. Just extremely disappointed.

Holy Cross' communication about things like this hasn't always been one if it's strong points - and I would say their presence/use of social media is downright poor. It's a good school, but those are definitely things that they could do to work on improving.

And for what it's worth, I've found over the years that if @buttels comes on here and says that something has been confirmed, then by gosh it's been confirmed. There are plenty of folks in news media who are better served not to reveal sources, so if he chooses not to reveal his source here, so be it, but I'm confident beyond the shadow of a doubt that he has confirmed this.

He sent out an e-mail looking for summer games and signed it as head coach of Holy Cross. Confirmed with a DM on Twitter.

Just an FYI. I only post it if it's confirmed.

Holy Cross' communication about things like this hasn't always been one if it's strong points - and I would say their presence/use of social media is downright poor. It's a good school, but those are definitely things that they could do to work on improving.

And for what it's worth, I've found over the years that if @buttels comes on here and says that something has been confirmed, then by gosh it's been confirmed. There are plenty of folks in news media who are better served not to reveal sources, so if he chooses not to reveal his source here, so be it, but I'm confident beyond the shadow of a doubt that he has confirmed this.

Thanks much Colonel.