Bracken County High School addition/trophy cases

C7C8C7A0-62E9-4B29-BE3A-855B08635279.jpeg

9C7E7767-B4AA-419B-9E62-346101FC82B7.jpeg

E1A609A6-951B-4F90-8DF4-FA81B0294EFA.jpeg

E3381C74-D49F-4637-AE29-023FE6C495F2.jpeg

‪New trophey cases added to the lobby: ‬

‪23 Boys Districts, 4 Boys Region Runner Up, 6 Boys Region, 2 Boys All A, 18 Girls District, 3 Girls Region Runner Up, 4 Girls All A, 16 Baseball Districts, 1 Baseball Regions, 11 Softball Districts, 4 Softball All A. Other sports coming

This is the first time all these trophies have been organized ever. When the new school was built in 1998, the trophies and old cases were hauled over to the new high school and put up with no sense of organization. It took almost 8 hours to find each individual trophy and put them in.

I've already heard many alumni complement the job well done by our athletic department on getting this done. It was amazing to see how the trophies have changed with time. Going from cups, to tall wooden/copper/bronze, to the boring ones we have now lol. The most interesting was the small wooden plaque from 1943 district, and seeing how WWII affected how important metal was that it was too important to be used on trophies. The earliest one goes back to Brooksville's first district and region championship in 1924. Many former athletes haven't seen there trophies since the day they got the hardware. I'm sure they bring back a lot of memories for people and glad that it is on display for BCHS alumni and opposing schools alike, that the Polar Bears have been successful a time or two! Only thing left to do is to repair some of the damaged ones, and clean them all off for everyone to see at graduation!

What about the district runner up trophies??? File 13??? I'm asking for a friend....

I've talked to a couple of AD's about this over the years. I remember when I was in high school, we had shelves around most of the lunchroom with district runner-up and district champion trophies, plus team picture after team picture lining the halls of the basement. If your school has been competing in multiple sports for any length of time, they're basically bound to pile up eventually. I think ideally a school would try to make a fundraiser of things by auctioning off old trophies like those, or at least offering them to the players from the team...

I've talked to a couple of AD's about this over the years. I remember when I was in high school, we had shelves around most of the lunchroom with district runner-up and district champion trophies, plus team picture after team picture lining the halls of the basement. If your school has been competing in multiple sports for any length of time, they're basically bound to pile up eventually. I think ideally a school would try to make a fundraiser of things by auctioning off old trophies like those, or at least offering them to the players from the team...

There’s a lot of runner-up trophies! That would be a good idea to auction them off.

Are they doing anything for the football field/lockeroom since they want to spend money on the basketball side of things?

This was something that was needed for a very long time. However, football will be getting a new scoreboard next year from what I have been told, and do have other improvements in the beginning stages.

This was something that was needed for a very long time. However, football will be getting a new scoreboard next year from what I have been told, and do have other improvements in the beginning stages.

Been a few years but when I played the football field was nothing but a rock lol haven't seen it for awhile. Just wonder if it improved any.

Have often wondered why visiting football teams consistently stay on the football field (left endzone) during halftimes (no matter the bitterness of the weather? Is this because of a void of accomodations? I really don't know what the situation is.