Open Job: Anderson County

A true legend and a friend. Lives that he has impacted over the years is what makes Coach Drury so special. Growing as a young coach over the years I owe a lot to Coach Drury. Very special and I am very appreciative for what he has done in my career and basketball in our state.

Per John Herndon from the Anderson News via Twitter: "Anderson County basketball coach Glen Drury has retired."

Great career as the head man of the Bearcats for quite some time. All the best to Coach Drury in retirement, speedy recovery and all the best.

Congrats to Coach Drury on a very successful career and his retirement.

Has to be the "coach in waiting" Bryan Hyatt who gets the job offer, right? Hyatt has been a part of the program since he played in the late 90's. I say he will do a great job if hired as the head coach.

Congrats to Coach Drury for a successful career and retirement.

The job has to be offered to the "coach in waiting" Bryan Hyatt, right? Hyatt has been a part of the program since he played in the mid-late 90's.

I say Hyatt will do a great job if he is indeed named head coach.

Any other possibilities to be head coach?

Congrats to Coach Drury for a successful career and retirement.

The job has to be offered to the "coach in waiting" Bryan Hyatt, right? Hyatt has been a part of the program since he played in the mid-late 90's.

I say Hyatt will do a great job if he is indeed named head coach.

Any other possibilities to be head coach?

One would assume that it will be offered to Hyatt and he will accept. I am sure this is another reason Coach Drury waited so long to retire to help his assistant coach get the position if it is true that Drury new he was getting out all along.

Congrats to Coach Drury on a very successful career and his retirement.

Has to be the "coach in waiting" Bryan Hyatt who gets the job offer, right? Hyatt has been a part of the program since he played in the late 90's. I say he will do a great job if hired as the head coach.

He has been doing the scheduling for next season.

I figure it will be Hyatt as well since the job is not posted on the KHSAA web site as of this afternoon. It looks like it will just be posted in house and make the hire locally.

it is posted on the school website as of today