Covington Catholic 2017 Football 5A State Rings

Cov Cath has re-scheduled their 7th Football State Championship Ring Ceremony for 1:30pm on Thursday, May 10 at Dennis Griffin Stadium. All are welcome to attend.

Ring ceremony was re-scheduled because the jeweler ran out of the blue synthetic gemstone they needed for the rings. Had to re-order more from Germany.

What exactly goes on at the ring ceremony? They aren't big enough to see from the stands are they?

Lol, nope. I saw a design rendering, and they don't appear to be quite as large as several of the others I've seen on here from this year and from other recent years.

I'm assuming a lot of the ceremony will involve some speaking from Principal Rowe and/or AD Tony Bacigalupo. A lot of thank you's. I'm sure Coach Eviston will have an opportunity at the mike, and possibly give some kind of season re-cap. I've been to a couple of ring ceremonies where a team captain or two has been given the opportunity to speak as well.

As a Catholic school, I would have to assume that (as in years past), there will be a priest present to have a blessing over the rings, and then they'll all be passed out.

Lol, nope. I saw a design rendering, and they don't appear to be quite as large as several of the others I've seen on here from this year and from other recent years.

I'm assuming a lot of the ceremony will involve some speaking from Principal Rowe and/or AD Tony Bacigalupo. A lot of thank you's. I'm sure Coach Eviston will have an opportunity at the mike, and possibly give some kind of season re-cap. I've been to a couple of ring ceremonies where a team captain or two has been given the opportunity to speak as well.

As a Catholic school, I would have to assume that (as in years past), there will be a priest present to have a blessing over the rings, and then they'll all be passed out.

That sounds like a nice way to give recognition/farewell to this team. Wish HHS would've done something along these lines in the past.

I've been to many Catholic events, but I never passed out. Got to know your limits. :lol2: