12th Region 2018/2019 discussion

It is approximately 208 days away from the 2018/2019 basketball season and talks of 12th Region basketball are already beginning. I thought it would be wise to give the 12th Region their own thread instead of discussing the region on one of the team threads.

So, let's hear what everyone is thinking about next season in the 12th Region.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does Garrard have coming back other than Sebastian? I think Danville will have a lot talent the next two years but I thought they had a lot of talent and athleticism this year also and they had a losing record. When was the last time Danville won region? I think they will have the talent to be a region contender the next two years I guess I will just have to see translate to wins and losses and post season success first.

Who does Garrard have coming back other than Sebastian? I think Danville will have a lot talent the next two years but I thought they had a lot of talent and athleticism this year also and they had a losing record. When was the last time Danville won region? I think they will have the talent to be a region contender the next two years I guess I will just have to see translate to wins and losses and post season success first.

Garrard returns their Center Charles Jones. Expect big impact from him. Extremely athletic, and was just scratching surface of his ability. He played well down the stretch. They also return starting SG Brice Burkhart. Coach Young does a good job developing kids. They were a turned ankle away from the region last year, and I expect them to have a good shot again. Not sure about all this "young talent" for Danville, but I do know the Hayden kid can fill it up when he gets going. Could be a special player for them.

Garrard returns their Center Charles Jones. Expect big impact from him. Extremely athletic, and was just scratching surface of his ability. He played well down the stretch. They also return starting SG Brice Burkhart. Coach Young does a good job developing kids. They were a turned ankle away from the region last year, and I expect them to have a good shot again. Not sure about all this "young talent" for Danville, but I do know the Hayden kid can fill it up when he gets going. Could be a special player for them.

Sorry by young talent I mean they have some sophomores/juniors to be that didn't play varsity last year that have some potential. Bell, Wood, Price. Hayden played and showed he can be good.

Sorry by young talent I mean they have some sophomores/juniors to be that didn't play varsity last year that have some potential. Bell, Wood, Price. Hayden played and showed he can be good.

Danville's depth is always a strength, and I expect to be that way again. Hayden played very well in the games I seen.

Without looking it up, I would say No.

I didn't think so. I've lived in Danville since 2007 and I don't remember one.

That being said, I'll have to see one before I can predict it. Unless there are unknown coaching changes, I will go with the usual suspects until someone breaks the trend.

Any Transfers coming in or going out of the 12th region?

I saw Garrard early in the year last year and I think they probably improved a ton throughout the season but i wasn't really impressed with them. Do they have a point guard?

Any Transfers coming in or going out of the 12th region?

I saw Garrard early in the year last year and I think they probably improved a ton throughout the season but i wasn't really impressed with them. Do they have a point guard?

I’ve heard a couple of rumors of possible transfers but nothing has happened yet. Nothing I care to share at this moment.