Former 49ers safety Eric Reid has filed a collusion grievance against the NFL

What is his beef @archangel ?

He is a very good player and Safety. But he is in free agency and hasn’t been signed and claimes that he isn’t being given any interest because he kneeled with Colin Kaepernick.

Claims the owners are colluding against him for that purpose.

He is a very good player and Safety. But he is in free agency and hasn’t been signed and claimes that he isn’t being given any interest because he kneeled with Colin Kaepernick.

Claims the owners are colluding against him for that purpose.

He is probably right but proving it will be nearly impossible.

He is probably right but proving it will be nearly impossible.

True.

But as an owner don’t I have the right to not hire someone based on differences of opinion.

And based on differences of opinions of what is done on the ownership time?

I'd say Reid has a much better case than Kaepernick does.

Reid is definitely worthy of a roster spot, probably a starting role.

Possibly, but teams also have young safety's and even some admit ther isnt a strong market for Safety this year.

True.

But as an owner don’t I have the right to not hire someone based on differences of opinion.

Of course the owners do.

I don't know the exact quote but I agree with Jim Brown, the NFL players need to decide if they are NFL players or activists.

True.

You do have that right but what you can't do is get together with other owners and all agree together not to sign him.

You are looking at three free agents who are comparable in your eyes. If one of those free agents has participated in protests and your paying customers have made it clear they dislike players doing this, doesn't that make you less likely to sign the protesting player?

There doesn't need to be collusion for the above to happen with 5 or 10 different NFL teams. The protests have turned into a negative on the resume for free agent football players. I see it as being that simple and I don't see collusion.

You are looking at three free agents who are comparable in your eyes. If one of those free agents has participated in protests and your paying customers have made it clear they dislike players doing this, doesn't that make you less likely to sign the protesting player?

There doesn't need to be collusion for the above to happen with 5 or 10 different NFL teams. The protests have turned into a negative on the resume for free agent football players. I see it as being that simple and I don't see collusion.

Yes. But arent there some outspoken owners who support the protesters? Wouldnt they want them?