Rowan County 2018

Ram

• 2 months later...
Used to enjoy watching this program. I haven't been to a game in a few years. Any chance anyone has a schedule for the upcoming season?

DATE OPPONENT SITE SCORE STATS?

Aug 17, 18 Morgan County home 7:30 PM

Aug 24, 18 Bath County home 7:30 PM

Aug 31, 18 Mason County away 7:30 PM

Sep 7, 18 Fleming County home 7:30 PM

Sep 14, 18 Bourbon County away 7:30 PM

Sep 21, 18 Ashland Blazer away 7:30 PM

Sep 28, 18 Greenup County away 7:30 PM

Oct 5, 18 Boyd County home 7:30 PM

Oct 12, 18 Johnson Central home 7:30 PM

Oct 19, 18 East Carter away 7:30 PM

This team looked poised to have a very good season, if one was to use the 2017 grid as an indicator and again after the season opening win over Morgan County. But from there the season grew long and by the time it was all over 3-8 was what it had brought.

Same schedule as last season with home games and road games being switched around. Improvement is possible but it won't be an easy task. 15 starters back(8 on offense/7 on defense. 13 total seniors.

I think this will be a case where the players will have to take it upon themselves to show the state, that they want to win and do so one game at a time. More than a few leaders have to emerge and take charge every play and lead by example not by running the mouth.

I am excited to see them in the grid and would love to see them play in a bowl game, where there are double headers on Fri and Sat so I could see them play in the regualr season again.

Rowan has one more year in the current alignment and cannot get out of it fast enough. The new district is much more favorable as Johnson Central, Ashland, East Carter, and Greenup Co are all in new districts. The 2018 roster is down 25+ players vs last season but will still have 50+. The new offense could assist in giving the Vikings a shot at some district wins and a playoff berth.

Rowan has one more year in the current alignment and cannot get out of it fast enough. The new district is much more favorable as Johnson Central, Ashland, East Carter, and Greenup Co are all in new districts. The 2018 roster is down 25+ players vs last season but will still have 50+. The new offense could assist in giving the Vikings a shot at some district wins and a playoff berth.

I heard they are going back to the wingT, is that correct?

The wing T is only good,if a team is fast I.M.O.

Most offenses are going to be limited by lack of speed. Traditional Wing T is pretty adaptable. You can gain yards in the power game with belly, down and trap. And there’s enough misdirection off those plays to mix things up and keep a defense off balance.

I have watched a bunch of team with little speed and smaller lineman run this and not fair well.But then again that comes from one who only watches and not smart enough to coach.

Small lineman, and not much speed isn’t a good starting point for any offensive system.