Bubba Wells wants the Hoptown job

Guest fogdog.com

Guest fogdog.com

If they fail to hire this guy there needs to be an investigation. Solid guy that will get the excitement back. Get it done

Is this the same guy who played at Austin Peay? Maybe played at Russellville in high school? Clarify for me western Kentucky folks.

Absolute monster at APSU. Been coaching collegiately for some time and shocked he hasn’t moved up the ranks given his pro career. I’ve always suspected something was amiss, but am basing that off of nothing other than never moving from being as assistant at the OVC level.

Is he local to that area right now? Does he teach? If not does Hoptown have the resources to get him a position in the district doing something other than what they would pay him as a high school basketball coach, because I am assuming that he isn't independently wealthy and able to sustain just off of a coaching supplemental salary.

Bubba also had a brief NBA career(quickest to ever foul out in a game). He then had a nice run in the minor leagues. Has been coaching in the OVC for over 10 years, would be a MASSIVE get for Hoptown.

I think it would also be good for Hoptown to hire the FIRST African-American head coach at either of the public schools in town. Both teams are entirely African American and have been for decades and not one coach has been African American. Not saying that the job should be based on race, but Wells qualifications are far and away better.

Guest fogdog.com

He should be the leader in the clubhouse but the AD probably already has made the hire. Sad day for running off the best coach in the history of the school and hiring a guy that is past his prime. Hope it works out but will be a terrible fit as this guy is a good coach but will not fit in very well at Hoptown

Miller had told people that he was not interested in coaching anymore and wanted to take a step back. He had said he was going to move and follow a grandchild to college. I am surprised he would want to stay and I think Wells should be the guy to get it, but Miller is a solid/safe hire.

He is a great coach and had a pretty good run at Louisville Male in the toughest region in the state. Hoptown has a talented roster that got a lot of experience playing due to injuries last season. They also have the rising 7'foot Senior that has slowly been attracting D1 interest as he improves every day. Several players are wanting to transfer and I know the other 2 schools will take them in a heartbeat, so his job needs to be keeping his squad together. He's not a long term hire, but he will be good for the school.