Question About Motorcycles and Red Lights

Run To State

The other day I was in stop and go traffic on Spaghetti Junction when’s motorcycle came roaring through the lanes of cars merging all together. I have no idea where he eventually went, but I was trying to get over into the right lane and almost hit him. Made me so mad!

The only place I have seen it remotely legal is in CA on the highway. Motorcycles are allowed to pass you in stopped traffic. First time there scared me to death as I was stopped and motorcycle goes down the middle at about 50 mph. Was not expecting that and seems really dangerous.

The only place I have seen it remotely legal is in CA on the highway. Motorcycles are allowed to pass you in stopped traffic. First time there scared me to death as I was stopped and motorcycle goes down the middle at about 50 mph. Was not expecting that and seems really dangerous.

Yeah. Pretty easy to take a biker out in that scenario just by randomly opening your car door to figure out why traffic is stopped.

The other day I was in stop and go traffic on Spaghetti Junction when’s motorcycle came roaring through the lanes of cars merging all together. I have no idea where he eventually went, but I was trying to get over into the right lane and almost hit him. Made me so mad!

When idiots do stuff that is clearly illegal, I'm of the belief that it serves them right when (not if) they get hit. Probably would've taught him a valuable lesson.

The only place I ever observed this was in Japan. I know a bunch of riders and I've never seen or heard of this happening. All of the ones I know obey all the rules and their only fear is terrible drivers not seeing them and the ones who text and drive. Idiots!

• 2 weeks later...

It would fall under reckless driving, wanton endangerment, failing to control, or other laws that also apply to cars. Don't have to specify it for bikes as they have to follow same rules as cars.

It would fall under reckless driving, wanton endangerment, failing to control, or other laws that also apply to cars. Don't have to specify it for bikes as they have to follow same rules as cars.

Reckless-Possibly

Wanton Endangerment-No, need an actual victim

Failing to Control-No such charge exists that I’m aware of :lol2:

Others possibilities not listed,Careless, Improper passing,Disregard/Fail Yielding ROW,Improper use of left lane/overtaking vehicle.

I meant to say could not should. I didn't see I put the wrong word there.

Wanton Endangerment Law and Legal Definition. ... (1) A person is guilty of wanton endangerment in the first degree when, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engages in conduct which creates a substantial danger of death or serious physical injury to another person.

Wanton Endangerment Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

I know of two people personally who were charged with and arrested for wanton endangerment for passing cars in between them and passing on the emergency lane. One was in a car the other was on a motorcycle. Both paid hefty fines and served some days in jail.