Commission on College Basketball Recommendations

TheDeuce

The committee lead by Condoleeza Rice released their recommendations to the NCAA this morning. Some of the highlights:

- Separate the collegiate track from the professional track by ending "one and done." (Asking NBA to change rule)

- Allow student-athletes to test their professional prospects and maintain their eligibility if they do not sign a professional contract

- Permit students to receive meaningful assessment of professional prospects earlier with assistance from certified agents

- Provide resources to make the promise of a college education real

There is much more in the report but those are some of the main ideas. I could see some of it being adopted, and other parts have zero chance, IMO.

Commission on College Basketball | Commission on College Basketball

Link to the report: https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018CCBReportFinal_web.pdf

"Enact and impose core punishments with significant deterrent effect.

First, the Commission recommends the following increases in the core penalty

structure: (i) increase the competition penalties for Level I violations to allow a five-year

post-season ban; (ii) increase the financial penalties for Level I violations to allow loss of

all revenue sharing in post-season play, including the NCAA tournament, for the entire

period of the ban; (iii) increase the penalties for a show-cause order to allow life-time

bans; (iv) increase the penalties for head coach restrictions to allow bans of more than

one season; and (v) increase the penalties for recruiting visit violations to allow full-year

visit bans."

Recommendations pointed at the AAU suggesting boards of the big apparel companies "to support and implement financial transparency and accountability with respects to their own investments in non-scholastic basketball."

What a waste of time and money.

The NBA won't change their one & done rule, so we're going to recommend making Freshman ineligible. What an asinine idea.

Seriously, a bunch of preschool kids could've put together something with more substance than these clowns.

I find it largely useless as well.

I do think the NBA will be changing their rule, though.

I think the one and done rule should be done away with. But like I said in the other thread the players union should be against and from the owners standpoint I don't see how it makes sense.