Danny Farquhar has a Brain Aneurysm during a Game.

This isn’t supposed to happen, not to a professional athlete, not to one of the nicest guys and kindest souls you’ll ever want to meet, not to a 31-year-old husband with three young children.

One moment, Danny Farquhar is a major-league pitcher, walking off the mound into the Chicago White Sox dugout.

The next, he’s vomiting, collapsing, rushed by ambulance to the hospital, fighting for his life.

Farquhar suffered a brain aneurysm Friday night during the White Sox’s game against the Houston Astros. He underwent an additional complicated surgery Saturday night to relieve swelling around the brain and remained Sunday in the ICU unit at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago. He’s in critical, but stable condition.

Danny Farquhar fights for life as friends pray for White Sox pitcher

One the my best friends of my life and Mrs. S's father both died from this. I am praying for the Danny and his family.

I have never known anyone to survive this. The fact that he is still alive is miraculous in and of itself.

In the latest update, the team said Farquhar is “progressing well” following the latest procedure. He remains in the ICU unit at RUSH University Medical Center in critical, but stable condition.

Latest injury update for Chicago White Sox pitcher Danny Farquhar - AOL News