Jalen Hurts Transfer?

GrantNKY

If You Think Jalen Hurts Is Just Giving Up on '''Bama, You Clearly Don'''t Know Him | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Jalen Hurts Dad had this to say,

"Coach Saban's job is to do what's best for his team. I have no problem with that," Averion Hurts said. "My job is to do what's best for Jalen—and make no mistake, Jalen is a quarterback, and he wants to play quarterback. He loves Alabama, loves Coach Saban and everything about that place. But he wants to play, and he will play…"

Averion stops mid-sentence because the idea of his son not playing for Alabama isn't one he takes lightly. What if Jalen doesn't win the job, he is asked?

He shakes his head slowly, answers begrudgingly. "Well, he'd be the biggest free agent in college football history."

Just my opinion, but as long as Tua’s hand is ok I don’t see anyway Jalen beats him out for the job. I’m curious what schools Jalen would be a a good fit at if he does leave. He would not be able to transfer in conference.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some schools that I think Jalen would be a good fit at where he could compete for a national championship: Texas, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, UCLA, and FSU.

UCLA will not compete for a National Championship.

UCLA will not compete for a National Championship.

Chip Kelly was able to recruit and compete for national championships in Oregon. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in LA. Hurts will have to sit out a year if he transfer and I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to think UCLA could be in contention for the PAC 12 in 2 years and winning a conference championship automatically puts you in the discussion for the playoff.

Chip Kelly was able to recruit and compete for national championships in Oregon. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do in LA. Hurts will have to sit out a year if he transfer and I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to think UCLA could be in contention for the PAC 12 in 2 years and winning a conference championship automatically puts you in the discussion for the playoff.

They are very thin on both O and D lines. Plus, USC will get the pick of the litter out West.

Some schools that I think Jalen would be a good fit at where he could compete for a national championship: Texas, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, UCLA, and FSU.

Aside from FSU, none of those teams will compete for a national title without Hurts and Jalen isn't good enough to make any of them a title contender.

FSU is a wild card with the new coach. And if they don't miss a beat I don't think Jalen is better than what they have.

I don't blame his father. It is evident that Jalen Hurts was raised right!

However, he is a fantastic athlete, but his skill-set does NOT transcend to an NFL quarterback. He can obviously be a championship quarterback at Alabama and maybe another university, but if he wants to ultimately "play for pay", his opportunity will be at another position. He has NFL athletic ability, but not as a signal caller.

It's a difficult decision, especially with all the success he has had at quarterback at Alabama. Tough one.

They are very thin on both O and D lines. Plus, USC will get the pick of the litter out West.

I think Chip will get it figured out quick and there is more than enough to go around out west. Chip could step out of his office and could throw a rock and hit a 5 Star player.

Aside from FSU, none of those teams will compete for a national title without Hurts and Jalen isn't good enough to make any of them a title contender.

FSU is a wild card with the new coach. And if they don't miss a beat I don't think Jalen is better than what they have.

I disagree. I think every team I listed has the talent and coaching staff to win a national title. Francois before his injury was better than Hurts. Hurts is light years better than Blackmon though. I’m curious to see how Francois comes back.

I disagree. I think every team I listed has the talent and coaching staff to win a national title. Francois before his injury was better than Hurts. Hurts is light years better than Blackmon though. I’m curious to see how Francois comes back.

Well we will have to disagree then. When was the last time any of these teams (outside of FSU) was a legit title contender? UT is the only one to actually win a title in the last 20 years and outside of that year they really haven't sniffed it. ND did make the title game but got destroyed. UCLA and Wisconsin have zero chance. Adding Hurts will not change that.

I don't blame his father. It is evident that Jalen Hurts was raised right!

However, he is a fantastic athlete, but his skill-set does NOT transcend to an NFL quarterback. He can obviously be a championship quarterback at Alabama and maybe another university, but if he wants to ultimately "play for pay", his opportunity will be at another position. He has NFL athletic ability, but not as a signal caller.

It's a difficult decision, especially with all the success he has had at quarterback at Alabama. Tough one.

He is a heck of an athlete. Some talking heads considered him the most talented runner Bama had which is saying a lot since they had the best RB group in the country. If he decides to transfer I'm not sure what teams have the type of offense that would best suit his talents.

Well we will have to disagree then. When was the last time any of these teams (outside of FSU) was a legit title contender? UT is the only one to actually win a title in the last 20 years and outside of that year they really haven't sniffed it. ND did make the title game but got destroyed. UCLA and Wisconsin have zero chance. Adding Hurts will not change that.

Being a Notre Dame fan, I have to at least make the argument that they were a legit title contender. Win the game and they would have been champs. It doesn't get much closer than that.

Wisconsin was undefeated going into the Big 10 Championship last year. How is that not in title contention? Outside of ND every school on that list has the right guy at the helm.

Wisconsin was undefeated going into the Big 10 Championship last year. How is that not in title contention? Outside of ND every school on that list has the right guy at the helm.

Isn't Wisconsin undefeated just about every year going into the Big 10 championship? Sorry, until quit losing when it counts they aren't a contender.

Isn't Wisconsin undefeated just about every year going into the Big 10 championship? Sorry, until quit losing when it counts they aren't a contender.

That’s fine but I still think I would consider them contenders simply because they are always in the discussion. You can’t just leave them out because they haven’t gotten it done in the past.