Open Job: Bryan Station

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You read my mind. I'd bet money that this is where he ends up.

What does he teach? Tommy Johnson isn't leaving as a teacher and FCPS is cutting A LOT of positions. You don't coach in FCPS and do nothing as a teacher. Especially at a priority school like Bryan Station. That's a tough adjustment if he is used to just coaching and not teaching a full load.

What does he teach? Tommy Johnson isn't leaving as a teacher and FCPS is cutting A LOT of positions. You don't coach in FCPS and do nothing as a teacher. Especially at a priority school like Bryan Station. That's a tough adjustment if he is used to just coaching and not teaching a full load.

He's taught special education since he got to Hopkinsville.

@Straitshooter, I have heard several names interested in this position already, one is on staff there currently. The other two, out of respect for their current schools I wont mention their names since they are both Head Coaches.

Redd Hutchison wants it and he is on staff. It was rumored for Tommy to get out leaning into last year and Redd taking over.

@HoopsKnowItAll, what do you think about that move for Station if he does take it over? Good, bad, indifferent?

Not sure don't know much about him, I know he was coach at Dunbar and then when let go, CHalk took over and won a state title.

As anything a lot depends on the players and it is what it is but you have to be able to draw the players in with multiple schools in a county. They need a coach the players want to go play for and not go to another school

Not sure don't know much about him, I know he was coach at Dunbar and then when let go, CHalk took over and won a state title.

As anything a lot depends on the players and it is what it is but you have to be able to draw the players in with multiple schools in a county. They need a coach the players want to go play for and not go to another school

Justin Yeary was the Dunbar boys basketball coach for 2 seasons between Hutchinson and Chalk.

That's tough at Bryan Station. Drawing players in from other school districts in Fayette County is more than just basketball. There is a pretty big school climate difference at Bryan Station than other schools in the district from what I understand. It still really depends on getting the kids they have in their district 1)eligible 2) wanting to play basketball for their school 3) buying in and working together. Coach Johnson did a good job of that it seems.

@HoopsKnowItAll, I just looked it up, Coach Hutchinson last coached @ Dunbar during the 09/10 season & Dunbar won the state title during the 15/16 season so there was quite a gap between that happening. I cant say that Hutchinson had one thing to do with Chalk winning that state title.

@HoopsKnowItAll, I just looked it up, Coach Hutchinson last coached @ Dunbar during the 09/10 season & Dunbar won the state title during the 15/16 season so there was quite a gap between that happening. I cant say that Hutchinson had one thing to do with Chalk winning that state title.

This isn't a shot at anyone I meant it more that he didn't have much to do with the state title. I was meaning more, will Station hire Hutchison after not having success at one city school and then as you pointed out, 6 seasons later they win a state title. Now is that cause they had talent coming in feeder system, or Chalk attracted players or both, I have no idea.

Rumors last year was that Tommy was going to resign at the start of the school year and Hutchison take over, that didn't materialize. I personally don't think Station hires within, I think if they hire an assistant I can see them hiring former Bryan Station assistant and current Frederick Douglass assistant Derek Robinson.