David Fulcher no longer the head coach at Cincinnati Christian

rjs4470

I think that school might by gone in the next five years anyway.

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/11/21/cincinnati-university-looks-to-merge-with-another.html

Per this article it appears they were looking into merging with Kentucky Christian. The date given was late 2017, which obviously didn't happen, but perhaps there could be more of this in the future. Is this what you're referencing, @PP1?

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2016/11/21/cincinnati-university-looks-to-merge-with-another.html

Per this article it appears they were looking into merging with Kentucky Christian. The date given was late 2017, which obviously didn't happen, but perhaps there could be more of this in the future. Is this what you're referencing, @PP1?

Declining enrollment and huge debts. IT was the enormous debt that scared Kentucky Christian away, I predict the merger will happen either next year or the school will close.

But people have said this for a few years and they were able to hang on do to endowments. Those funds are now gone.

As per the article, it appears that it is a merger in which they plan to maintain both campuses and each will field its own sports teams. Doesn't appear to be much change from an athlete's perspective. If you signed with CCU, you will still be playing for them.

Perhaps the major change is how much they are willing to pay a HC, hence the departure of Fulcher. Just speculation on my part.

• 3 weeks later...
As per the article, it appears that it is a merger in which they plan to maintain both campuses and each will field its own sports teams. Doesn't appear to be much change from an athlete's perspective. If you signed with CCU, you will still be playing for them.

Perhaps the major change is how much they are willing to pay a HC, hence the departure of Fulcher. Just speculation on my part.

My guess would be that pay played a big part of it. With the challenges that they have had to cause the merge, they likely couldn't afford to pay what he wanted in comparison to other programs.