Mayfield 2018/2019

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mayfield never seems to get completely over the hump, they always seem to get bogged down in some way every year.

I agree with this. Mayfield has had several very talented teams over the years and always seem to underachieve. To me, alot of it is on the coach. I have thought for years that they could find a better option, but that just goes to show that basketball is a secondary sport at Mayfield.

With that being said, Mayfield should be very solid this year. Their only fault, I would say, is that they dont have a true big man to bang down low when they come across someone such as Walton-Verona with the 6'10" kid at the All A tourney.

As far as Region 1 goes, they should be the favorite, but by no means are they head and shoulders above the rest of the field. As others have mentioned; Paducah Tilghman, McCracken Co, Graves Co, and Marshall Co are right there with them. The difference between each of those 5 teams is microscopic.

I agree with this. Mayfield has had several very talented teams over the years and always seem to underachieve. To me, alot of it is on the coach. I have thought for years that they could find a better option, but that just goes to show that basketball is a secondary sport at Mayfield.

With that being said, Mayfield should be very solid this year. Their only fault, I would say, is that they dont have a true big man to bang down low when they come across someone such as Walton-Verona with the 6'10" kid at the All A tourney.

As far as Region 1 goes, they should be the favorite, but by no means are they head and shoulders above the rest of the field. As others have mentioned; Paducah Tilghman, McCracken Co, Graves Co, and Marshall Co are right there with them. The difference between each of those 5 teams is microscopic.

I believe Walton has 2 kids that size, or close to it. One is a D1 talent... Miles, who will be attending Xavier. The Guthrie twins should lead the way for Mayfield. I kept hearing last year that this was "their year." But, I think the juniors have probably matured and they are the favorite. Lets see if they can get it done in the 1st.