Blue Jackets 5 Capitals 4 OT (NHL)

swamprat

Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1 Game 2

Back and forth game. Washington went up 3-1, but Columbus out scored the Caps 3-1 in the second period to have a 4-3 lead going into the third.

Philipp Grubauer was pulled for the 3rd period in favor of Baden Holtby in goal for the Caps. TJ Oshie scored with 3:35 to go to tie it up and send the game into overtime. Matt Covert got the winner with 7:08 left in OT.

The Blue Jackets lead the series 2-0 and head home for games 3 and 4.

I was whipped last night. Just couldn't make it after the 2nd. So I missed the 3rd and OT. First thing I did this morning was look for the score. Happy again. Replay showed the OT goal. Kinda' weird. Puck jus sat there what seemed like eternity until Covert nudged it in the net.

I was whipped last night. Just couldn't make it after the 2nd. So I missed the 3rd and OT. First thing I did this morning was look for the score. Happy again. Replay showed the OT goal. Kinda' weird. Puck jus sat there what seemed like eternity until Covert nudged it in the net.

I couldn't stay up for this one either and it bothered me when I turned it off after the 2nd period. Like you, I was elated this morning when I saw the final score. This team is growing up before our eyes.