Macie Gibson-Owsley County

Lexi Held-Cooper

Molly Lockhart-Butler

Anna Clephane-Scott

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am officially in the camp that the tryouts are a waste of time. They should just take nominations and have a committee select the team. That is what is happening anyway, it would save a lot of people time and money.

Why do you say this? Who did not make the team that should have? Were they at the tryout?

Ok, I am officially in the camp that the tryouts are a waste of time. They should just take nominations and have a committee select the team. That is what is happening anyway, it would save a lot of people time and money.

I agree. I understand why they have tryouts but we all know that tryouts are pretty much for 2-3 spots on the team. I’ve heard that the head coach only gets 2-3 picks and that they are the last 2-3 selections made. However, I definitely feel that if you don’t come to tryouts you don’t get to make the team.

I agree. I understand why they have tryouts but we all know that tryouts are pretty much for 2-3 spots on the team. I’ve heard that the head coach only gets 2-3 picks and that they are the last 2-3 selections made. However, I definitely feel that if you don’t come to tryouts you don’t get to make the team.

I agree in the current set up you have to be able to attend tryouts to make the team no problem there. Not a reflection on the girls that made it everyone is deserving but the process is flawed and needs changing. They have a whole career worth of stats and video on the players just pick the team and stop the dog and pony show. Lol

Agreed re Taylor. Have said numerous times what an outstanding player she is and the great year she had. On the other hand, this is a very guard rich class and thus a guard rich roster. Some were not going to make the cut. The Walls kid from Nelson Co was MVP for the West team ... and didn't make it either! Unfortunately, she is a guard as well.

This doesn't help re the guard issue, however, was thinking this team could have used another big. The kid from Christian Co is a really nice player and a really nice big as well. She didn't shoot that well in the game from outside but was just about unstoppable in the paint.

There is no doubt the practice during the day and the game following was only to find another 3-4 players. However, the kids that made the team are all nice players that had a great year.

I happen to have a bunch of confidence in Head Coach Thacker. He's proven he knows what he's doing and been around the block a few times as well.

Agreed re Taylor. Have said numerous times what an outstanding player she is and the great year she had. On the other hand, this is a very guard rich class and thus a guard rich roster. Some were not going to make the cut. The Walls kid from Nelson Co was MVP for the West team ... and didn't make it either! Unfortunately, she is a guard as well.

This doesn't help re the guard issue, however, was thinking this team could have used another big. The kid from Christian Co is a really nice player and a really nice big as well. She didn't shoot that well in the game from outside but was just about unstoppable in the paint.

There is no doubt the practice during the day and the game following was only to find another 3-4 players. However, the kids that made the team are all nice players that had a great year.

I happen to have a bunch of confidence in Head Coach Thacker. He's proven he knows what he's doing and been around the block a few times as well.

Don't want to take anything away from any of the girls that made it. Just saying the process was not a tryout. Clos and Walls should have been on the team. Then again whom do you take off I understand that question.

I think it is better for all parties to just name the team rather than have kids show up perform well and then get left off.

I agree. I was a boys head coach and had an All State Honorable Mention Guard that shot lights out at the tryout and should have made the team and didn’t. He shot better than anybody in the gym that day and it didn’t matter. Would have saved everyone’s time if they just pick team.

Taylor Clos should have made this team.

THIS!!!!

She played for the right AAU team, she lead one of the top school teams in KY. She was the top player in one of the top regions in KY. She was top five in the state in multiple categories.

How did she not make it?

THIS!!!!

She played for the right AAU team, she lead one of the top school teams in KY. She was the top player in one of the top regions in KY. She was top five in the state in multiple categories.

How did she not make it?

I agree 100% that Clos should have made this team. She has proven herself worthy all season long and would be a great asset to this all star team. There were coaches at the tryouts and I am sure they would take their kids over other ones at the tryouts. She was first team all state and first team courier journal which means she is in the top ten in the state in both of those polls and I believe was the only in the top ten that didn’t make it on the all star team so you tell me how that works.