Eric “Boss” Boone-Bryan Station

Mekell Burries-Newport

Cobe Penny-Anderson County

Cameron Cartwright-McCracken County

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following kids were not at the tryouts. They either no showed or chose in advance not to participate.

CJ Frederick

Jake Walter

Andrew Taylor

Markelle Turner

Jay Scrubb

Curt Lewis

Makes a difference when you don’t have those kids as an option to pick from.

Kunkel was not at tryouts either and made the team.

Kunkel had a family emergency the night before that kept him from being able to attend the tryouts. He notified all parties involved with the tryout and explained the situation. At least he made an effort to inform people and didn't say "I don't want to play" or just didn't show up.

Sadly, when it gets to the point that top players don't care enough to represent their own state, it's probably time to do away with the game.

Personally, I would have given anything to have had the opportunity to represent Kentucky back in the day.

Sadly, when it gets to the point that top players don't care enough to represent their own state, it's probably time to do away with the game.

Personally, I would have given anything to have had the opportunity to represent Kentucky back in the day.

It is sad that the top players don’t want to play but I wouldn’t do away with the game just because a select few don’t care enough to represent Kentucky. That’s on them. Not the game. There will always be kids who care enough to represent Kentucky that would be honored to play in that game. The kids that want to be in the game should have the chance to play in it.

Kunkel was not at tryouts either and made the team.

And they still call them tryouts? Wonder why some kids don't attend?? It was mentioned in the other thread that most picks are predetermined anyway. I've witnessed the tryouts before. The little workout they do, can not help determine a kid making the team.

Yeah, I don't like how this looks. I was watching the Jordan Classic game this year and one of the comments made was that this class as a whole is not very tough or competitive (they were responding to questions about about Cam Reddish and Zion Williamson). The word entitled was thrown around a lot. I don't know the real reasons for some of the kids not attending, maybe they all have legitimate reasons as to why they couldn't show up. It's just disappointing and it makes this team a lot weaker. This one might get ugly.