Kentucky All-Star Tryouts Held Today at Dunbar

Tryouts were held this morning at Dunbar and the girls were held at Catholic. A little different this year just having tryouts today. Most of the players will be playing in the East/West Al-Star games tonight at Transylvania.

Edited by 16thBBall Fan

I get why they have tryouts but they aren’t necessary. The team has been decided for the most part. Maybe one or two roster spots left. I just want to know when the JR/SR game is and where.

It is usually early in the week before the game not sure where it will be this year. I will try and find out and post it.

When half the kids that would easily make this team no show tryouts or say they have no interest in them playing what are you supposed to do??

Most of these players have never had to tryout for anything, they have always made the teams they have played for. Why risk someone telling you that you aren’t good enough. Also, they think what do I get out of playing in this game? No exposure benefits?

These are just things I am sure they think.

When half the kids that would easily make this team no show tryouts or say they have no interest in them playing what are you supposed to do??

Don’t get me wrong. Everyone should show up to tryouts. My only point is that we all have an idea of who will make the team save for one or two spots. At the same time as long as there are tryouts that are sanctioned then everyone who plans to be on team Kentucky needs to be at tryouts. The only expections would be Mr. and Miss Basketball. Everyone else needs to lace em’ up. I just don’t think tryouts are necessary to establish a strong team to take on Indiana.

Most of these players have never had to tryout for anything, they have always made the teams they have played for. Why risk someone telling you that you aren’t good enough. Also, they think what do I get out of playing in this game? No exposure benefits?

These are just things I am sure they think.

If they aren’t prepared mentally to be told they aren’t good enough for something then they may have a hard time in life as an adult.

If they don’t have the pride within themselves to represent the best senior basketball players the state of Kentucky has to offer to take on the best seniors of Indiana then I don’t want them on my team anyways.

Don’t get me wrong. Everyone should show up to tryouts. My only point is that we all have an idea of who will make the team save for one or two spots. At the same time as long as there are tryouts that are sanctioned then everyone who plans to be on team Kentucky needs to be at tryouts. The only expections would be Mr. and Miss Basketball. Everyone else needs to lace em’ up. I just don’t think tryouts are necessary to establish a strong team to take on Indiana.

*exceptions

This is a long answer to why some didn't show up, but not an excuse. I personally don't think there should have been a try out. But alot of these kids are exhausted and beat up from the season. They play alot of minutes on their respective high school teams. The KY/OH weekend was grueling. They practiced alot. Alot of them left there banged up. Mentally and physically they just need a break and this tryout was just at a bad time for those kids. Again not an excuse just some insight

This is a long answer to why some didn't show up, but not an excuse. I personally don't think there should have been a try out. But alot of these kids are exhausted and beat up from the season. They play alot of minutes on their respective high school teams. The KY/OH weekend was grueling. They practiced alot. Alot of them left there banged up. Mentally and physically they just need a break and this tryout was just at a bad time for those kids. Again not an excuse just some insight

Id by that if it was 2 weeks since the season ended but its been a month.