If Kaepernick Had Punched....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take the bait, if you are comparing him to Ray Rice then I would say yes, Kap would be in the league.

If Kap was a clear value/starter for a team, probably. But my guess is the answer to the question is no. If he were a clear value and upgrade, he would be signed right now. When you are a borderline starter, the side issues can cost you your job. I see Kap as a borderline starter.

If Colin Kaepernick did everything he's been doing, but had Russell Wilson's talent, he'd still be in the league starting.

Kaep is good enough talent-wise to be on an NFL roster. Unfortunately for him, the spotlight that comes with employing him is more than what NFL franchises want to deal with with a backup quality QB.

If Colin Kaepernick did everything he's been doing, but had Russell Wilson's talent, he'd still be in the league starting.

Kaep is good enough talent-wise to be on an NFL roster. Unfortunately for him, the spotlight that comes with employing him is more than what NFL franchises want to deal with with a backup quality QB.

I was using Aaron Rodgers in my mind but I don't think you are answering the question.

I was using Aaron Rodgers in my mind but I don't think you are answering the question.

Sure I am. If Kaep had Wilson's talent, short of getting sent to jail or suspended by the league, regardless of what he did, he'd still be on a roster and starting.

As is, he doesn't have the talent to overcome the distractions he brings to the team.

Sure I am. If Kaep had Wilson's talent, short of getting sent to jail or suspended by the league, regardless of what he did, he'd still be on a roster and starting.

As is, he doesn't have the talent to overcome the distractions he brings to the team.

This is a hypothetical asking about a different distraction.

I'm guessing this thread has to do with the 49ers not cutting Reuben Foster who was just charged with domestic violence while former 49ers Kaepernick and Reid can't get signed for the anthem.

A meme I've seen said something to the effect of, Colin Kaepernick kneels for anthem, Can't get signed. Reuben Foster, charged with domestic violence, still on a team.

I understand the argument about private businesses like NFL teams can choose not to sign players if they feel the distraction out ways the performance on the field BUT, both Reid and Kaep are good enough and better than a lot of guys currently on NFL rosters. The court of public opinion doesn't always get it right either.

I'm guessing this thread has to do with the 49ers not cutting Reuben Foster who was just charged with domestic violence while former 49ers Kaepernick and Reid can't get signed for the anthem.

A meme I've seen said something to the effect of, Colin Kaepernick kneels for anthem, Can't get signed. Reuben Foster, charged with domestic violence, still on a team.

I understand the argument about private businesses like NFL teams can choose not to sign players if they feel the distraction out ways the performance on the field BUT, both Reid and Kaep are good enough and better than a lot of guys currently on NFL rosters. The court of public opinion doesn't always get it right either.

They chose to protest at work. Id lose my job if I protested at work too.

They have every right to protest. They don't have a right to play in the NFL.

This over and over. He could be a backup in the league. That being said nobody wants to deal with the media circus that would follow him.