Cowboys to Release Dez Bryant

Whoa....Didn't see this coming.

Adam Schefter

‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

33s33 seconds ago

Cowboys expected to release WR Dev Bryant today, barring an unexpected last-minute change of heart, per @toddarcher and me. But the plan going into meeting that is now underway was to part ways with Bryant.

He will be picked up by someone. He is on the #1 WR borderline, so if his ego will allow him to go to a team as the #2 WR he should find a new home.

He won’t have any trouble getting a job. Big receiver, on the right side of 30 years old. Something more than a few teams need.

He will be picked up by someone. He is on the #1 WR borderline, so if his ego will allow him to go to a team as the #2 WR he should find a new home.

#1 is a tough argument. In the last 3 years, 57 receivers have caught more balls than him. He’ll get a job, but will not be a primary role.

He’s been mediocre for 2 years now. Doesn’t surprise me. He’s a shell of his self. Draft Calvin Ridley and they’ll be fine.

I don't think be is a shell of his self. The offense shifted a lot the last few years. They became a team focused on running the ball. They also have a qb is more of a conservative qb now than with Romo. Not willing to try to force it in or fit into tight windows as Romo would have. They have a qb who will hand it off or play action and find the TE. Add in injuries and all that has played a part.

Depending where he ends up and ends up healthy. I can easily see him being a top 10 wr again for the next couple of years.

I wish the Bengals would cut Lafell and Michael Johnson and try to get Bryant on a 2 year deal.

With that said he seems like a wr that will end up with the Ravens if he doesn't go back to the nfc East.

He would want too much money, but I agree.