Sean Woods named Head Coach at Southern University

PurplePride92

Everyone deserves a second chance, but I would have a high reluctance to hire the guy at this point. Too soon.

I’m really surprised he got another head coaching opportunity this quickly after the way he lost the last one. Hopefully he has his stuff together and it works out for him this time.

To be completely honest and blunt about it, Woods getting a head coaching job at a Historical Black College isn’t surprising to me and the perfect route for him to take to rejuvenate his career. These schools don’t have a ton of money, they probably won’t even be seen on television except for when they have their conference tournament finals. It’s the perfect place for him to go coach and just go coach and work on himself as a person and a coach.

At the Historical Black Colleges and Universities they really don’t get their pick of the litter so they take what they can get more often than not.

At the Historical Black Colleges and Universities they really don’t get their pick of the litter so they take what they can get more often than not.

And Woods has already proven by the work done at Mississippi Valley State that he can be very good for a HBCU. Here's hoping it works out great for all parties.