Longest You've Let Your Facial Hair Grow?

MJAlltheWay24

Any guys with beards out there? Or had one in the past? Just curious what's the longest (in time) that you've let yours go for?

I'm currently sitting on a beard from late Oct/early November. So about 5.5 months, which is by far the longest for me.

I've cleaned up my neck and very lightly trimmed the edges a few times but for the most part I have haven't touched it. Told my wife that I'd go until Opening Day, but it's hard to get rid of it now. When I start beer vending in some warmer weather, maybe even this weekend, I think it's going to go.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had variations of facial hair for years. Have always kept it trimmed up and never let it grow to the point it got "straggly" or long. Always kept the neck clean. Some guys grow beards and just let it grow down their neck, just looks unkept and not neat to me, kind of like you've been on a deserted island for a year or two. Had a full beard for about 5 years and the facial hair I have now I believe I have had for 25 or 30 years.

I've got to trim/shape it up at some time or other just for the sake of having it not look like a briar patch stuck to my face. But the longest I think I've let it go without any kind of trimming it back as a whole is probably about 5 months...more or less "the cold season". I keep my beard a little longer in the cold months in general just because that's what you do in the winter. (Right?) Then outside winter I trim it back to 1/4" once every two weeks.

Also, if you're letting your beard grow out for that long a time, are you using any beard oil at all?

Also, if you're letting your beard grow out for that long a time, are you using any beard oil at all?

I really haven't been using any beard oil. I've shampoo and conditioned it regularly. My boss got me some beard conditioner (used it all), beard oil, and some balm for Christmas. Any time I used the beard oil, I felt like it wound up looking greasy. Maybe I used to much.

I shave my neck clean and trip around the jaw line because it starts looking crazy.

I really haven't been using any beard oil. I've shampoo and conditioned it regularly. My boss got me some beard conditioner (used it all), beard oil, and some balm for Christmas. Any time I used the beard oil, I felt like it wound up looking greasy. Maybe I used to much.

I shave my neck clean and trip around the jaw line because it starts looking crazy.

I had that same issue the first time I tried beard oil. I felt like I had grease in my beard for the rest of the day. Then my friend's wife - a hairdresser - asked me once about whether or not I use beard oil. I told her that I didn't because it made my beard feel greasy, so she told me to get Argan oil. Costs wayyyyyyyy less than the stuff that's actually advertised as "beard oil", and it actually soaks into your beard within like 5 or 10 minutes...like 100% soaks in.

I'd recommend giving it a try. You can pick up a bottle of this (which is what I use) for like 6-bucks at Target. I'm sure they have it on Amazon too.

OrganixArganOil.jpg

I had that same issue the first time I tried beard oil. I felt like I had grease in my beard for the rest of the day. Then my friend's wife - a hairdresser - asked me once about whether or not I use beard oil. I told her that I didn't because it made my beard feel greasy, so she told me to get Argan oil. Costs wayyyyyyyy less than the stuff that's actually advertised as "beard oil", and it actually soaks into your beard within like 5 or 10 minutes...like 100% soaks in.

I'd recommend giving it a try. You can pick up a bottle of this (which is what I use) for like 6-bucks at Target. I'm sure they have it on Amazon too.

[ATTACH]66138[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the tip. If my beard survives beer vending this weekend, I might have to grab some!

I could never get past the itchy stage, but I finally did last year. I had one for about three or four months last year, then had to cut it off because of officiating in the fall. I hated being bare faced after having a beard.

I have it back now and I'm not sure I'll ever completely cut it again. I definitely keep it trimmed though. Dudes with these giant un-kept beards look ridiculous.

I've gone a full year once just for the heck of it and was quit sad when I trimmed it (the old lady was not sad). After a full year my beard was a little over 6 inches long. I keep a full beard all year long but let it go in Sept. til Feb. for hunting season.