NHL Playoffs

It's time for the NHL Playoffs. In my opinion, it's the best playoffs in all of professional sports. All matchups are 7 game series and every game could go multiple OT's. Here are the opening round matchups. Who are you rooting for? Who is this year's dark horse team? Who will meet an early demise? Which series intrigues you the most?

Eastern Conference:

Lightning vs Devils

Maple Leafs vs Bruins

Capitals vs Blue Jackets

Penguins vs Flyers

Western Conference:

Predators vs Avalanche

Jets vs Wild

Golden Knights vs Kings

Ducks vs Sharks

Preview and discuss the match-ups in this thread, but do not post final scores in this thread. Give each game it's own final score thread.

Format is

Winning Team Nickname ## Losing Team Nickname ## OT (NHL)

Examples...

Blue Jackets 4 Capitals 0 (NHL)

Bruins 1 Maple Leafs 0 OT (NHL)

Penguins 5 Flyers 4 3OT (NHL)

I would have preferred the Lightning to face the Maple Leafs in the first round. The Devils scare me a bit. They are playing really well, right now.

Tampa Bay may be without Steven Stamkos for the opener, Thursday night. He was quoted yesterday as saying that his body will never be 100% again. I smell a retirement, if the Bolts should win the cup. Maybe one regardless.

I would have preferred the Lightning to face the Maple Leafs in the first round. The Devils scare me a bit. They are playing really well, right now.

Tampa Bay may be without Steven Stamkos for the opener, Thursday night. He was quoted yesterday as saying that his body will never be 100% again. I smell a retirement, if the Bolts should win the cup. Maybe one regardless.

You fear the Devils more than the Leafs? I'd take NJ every day of the week over TOR. Toronto has more weapons than Jersey. I think the Bolts will be fine in round 1. Beyond that, I'm not sure how they'll do. I guess it depends on how well they play in round 1. @swamprat, I know they haven't played well for a couple weeks but I'd reserve judgment on their chances until you see how they come out of the gate for the playoffs. You may see a reenergized team.

IMO, the best first round series in the playoffs is Boston vs Toronto. The Leafs swept the season series but this will be a fun one to watch. I think the Kings will give the Golden Knights all they can handle and I see them advancing. The Ducks vs Sharks series should go the distance and will be one to keep a close eye on.

Here are my predictions:

Eastern Conference Round 1

Lightning over Devils in 6

Leafs over Bruins in 6

Capitals over Blue Jackets in 6

Penguins over Flyers in 5

Eastern Conference Round 2

Lightning over Leafs in 7

Capitals over Penguins in 6

Eastern Conference Finals

Capitals over Lightning in 6

Western Conference Round 1