BGP QOTD: Which fast food chain has the best french fries?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McDonald's and White Castle are tops IMO.

Arby's is up there if you count curly fries in the discussion.

Long John Silvers has some really underrated fries as well.

The crinkle cut fries at White Castle and Cane's are amazing when they're cooked correctly, but I find that more often than not they're either undercooked and mealy inside, or they're overcooked and are just a solid crunch all the way through.

You could say that they're kind of a different product when it comes to "french fries", but man, I love me some Chickfila waffle fries.

I really don't think that I've met a French fry I didn't like. Now, I'm pretty much a French fry fiend, but my preferences are all those that are not seasoned, a la Rally's or Arby's. I have been known to get a roast beef at Arby's and then drive to another fast food joint for fries. I digress....

Steak and shake (assuming they are considered fast food). Good, shoestring fries. I used to say McDonald's but they can be so inconsistent (had some that were just down right bad) and they just don't seem to be as good as in the past, even at their best. Friches here in Frankfort have gone to a new crinkle cut fry that's pretty good. Can they be considered fast food? They have a drive thru and I get served at it as fast as almost anywhere else.

McDonald's and White Castle are tops IMO.

Long John Silvers has some really underrated fries as well.

Oh so you are the customer I see go into that building? I wonder how that place stays open.

I agree with your first line. Have to give it Mcd's and Whities

I'm more of a fan of the homestyle fries from Arby's. Not every restaurant has them but our local one does. They typically have to make them fresh (I guess because nobody orders them), but they're always hot and always good!

Oh so you are the customer I see go into that building? I wonder how that place stays open.

I agree with your first line. Have to give it Mcd's and Whities

:lol2: Nope. Haven't had LJS in well over a year. I rarely (almost never) eat fast food, and I'm not driving out to Alexandria to get LJS. I like it, but not that much. :lol2: