Perry Central names Ovie Canady as new head football coach.

I was thinking its a short-O in Ovie.

Didn't he coach at Knox Central? Is there any relation between him and the Canady kid who played for EKU?

It is O-vie (long O).

Coach Canady was also the Head Coach at Evarts HS (his alma mater) the last couple years the school was open prior to consolidation. He then became the D.C. for Coach Larkey at Harlan County before accompanying Larkey to Perry Central.

Coach Canady is a hard worker and intelligent fellow, but most of all he is very dedicated to his players and in turn they are dedicated to him.

Best of Luck to him and PCC!

Lastly, I do not think he is related to the Knox Central Canadys.

It is O-vie (long O).

Coach Canady was also the Head Coach at Evarts HS (his alma mater) the last couple years the school was open prior to consolidation. He then became the D.C. for Coach Larkey at Harlan County before accompanying Larkey to Perry Central.

Coach Canady is a hard worker and intelligent fellow, but most of all he is very dedicated to his players and in turn they are dedicated to him.

Well I literally couldn't have been more wrong about every single part of that! :lol2:

It is O-vie (long O).

Correct, he is not.