Kyrie Irving Out For Playoffs

The Celtics' chances most likely diminished to nearly zero. Really hate to see Kyrie plagued with another playoff injury. Seems like it's down to the Cavs, Raptors, and Philly now out of the East.

In the aftermath of left knee surgery, All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving of the Boston Celtics will miss the rest of the regular season and playoffs, the team announced.

Kyrie Irving of Boston Celtics out for season and playoffs

Edited by bugatti

I think Philly is the only potential threat to Cleveland, and they may be a year away. Toronto I do not trust as far as I can throw them. They are still the Raptors.

With Kyrie, this can't be a shock, can it? The dude has shown he can't stay healthy.

Cleveland is god awful on defense and plan to outscore everyone through the playoffs. A recipe that never works, but it just has that feeling it may. Plus, the Alabama winning a national title thing every year LeBron has won a title makes you wonder. Starting to feel like Houston makes it and will wilt under the pressure.

Kyrie is slowly becoming the next Derrick Rose. I guess the good thing for him is that he doesn’t need his legs for the same explosiveness that Derrick Rose did but it still sucks that he can’t stay healthy. It kind of makes me appreciate all that LeBron, MJ, Kobe, Barkley and many other superstars did during their primes to stay on the court.

Kyrie is slowly becoming the next Derrick Rose. I guess the good thing for him is that he doesn’t need his legs for the same explosiveness that Derrick Rose did but it still sucks that he can’t stay healthy. It kind of makes me appreciate all that LeBron, MJ, Kobe, Barkley and many other superstars did during their primes to stay on the court.

One of those athletes you listed and possibly more. I believe has something that has helped keep him so healthy and physically dominate all these years. But the NBA has always been smart at making sure their stars are protected and not letting things get out to hurt their stars like say baseball did. However that's for a whole other thread. :D