Villanova 79 Michigan 62

16thBBall Fan

Villanova was just too much for Michigan. Michigan showed that IMO during a lot of the tournament, Villanova definitely wasn’t the ideal matchup for them.

I’m happy for Jay Wright and the Big East conference. Lots of people thought that the conference would crumble after several jumped ship to the ACC.

The best team in the country undoubtably won the tournament this year. What a special team!

There were times that it looked like it could be anyone’s shot. Towards the end of the regular season, Villanova was firing on all cylinders and they were lights out nearly all of the tournament.

KSR mentioned outside of the two title runs for Jay Wright, he has never advanced to the sweet 16. Crazy Stat. He seems to be in full stride now though. I turned off the game at the last TV timeout and Nova's bench was outscoring Michigans 33-3. The Italian kid (wont even attempt to spell) Had 29 at that point (off the bench), he played one of the best if not the best games in finals history.

I thought UM would need to take advantage of any TOs by Nova and very early they did, but then they decided to settle for 3s instead of driving to the hoop which was effective. As many shots as Nova missed UM did just the same and eventually Nova found it's stride and there you have it. To many guys that can score for a offensive limited team to defeat. Best team in the country won this year.

KSR mentioned outside of the two title runs for Jay Wright, he has never advanced to the sweet 16. Crazy Stat.

If it sounds too crazy to be true, it is. Wright coached Villanova to the Elite 8 in 2006 and the Final Four in 2009.

If it sounds too crazy to be true, it is. Wright coached Villanova to the Elite 8 in 2006 and the Final Four in 2009.

I didn't listen to it, but maybe they meant since '09? That is a crazy stat in its own right.

Wright deserves all the praise in the world for his two titles these last three years, but Nova under him has traditionally been a disappointment in the NCAA tournament.

I didn't listen to it, but maybe they meant since '09? That is a crazy stat in its own right.

Wright deserves all the praise in the world for his two titles these last three years, but Nova under him has traditionally been a disappointment in the NCAA tournament.

The guy started his tenure at Nova with three consecutive NIT appearances. How many folks up there were ready to run him out on a rail at that point? Says a lot for continuity and knowing what you’re building.

And to be sure, no one can lay claim to the “Won the Realignment Cup” honor like Wright. They were really struggling the last few years before the football schools split from the league. Now they’ve won the Big East four of the five seasons since realignment.

KSR mentioned outside of the two title runs for Jay Wright, he has never advanced to the sweet 16. Crazy Stat.

Facts are optional. I am going to guess it was misquoted:

KSR.png