Louisville Man Accused of Shooting at Police Appears in Court

TheDeuce

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that this man survived this encounter to even appear in court, but I’m sure there’s some perfectly good reason he wasn’t shot on sight.

Man accused of opening fire on police officers with an air rifle - WDRB 41 Louisville News

People survive encounters like this with police all the time. Very rarely do police actually kill someone during any encounter.

People survive encounters like this with police all the time. Very rarely do police actually kill someone during any encounter.

We've been discussing a man who allegedly had a weapon, was threatened with violence and ultimately killed by police before they verified he had a weapon. This man raised, pointed at, and fired a weapon at police and wasn't even shot at?

I don't understand...

Looks like poor Oscar took a beating from the cops. I’m demanding we see the cops video to see why they beat him so hard. Just doesn’t seem right to beat up an old man like that. No way he didn’t listen to the commands they gave him and the gun was just an air gun.

Looks like poor Oscar took a beating from the cops. I’m demanding we see the cops video to see why they beat him so hard. Just doesn’t seem right to beat up an old man like that. No way he didn’t listen to the commands they gave him and the gun was just an air gun.

Why do you say that?

We've been discussing a man who allegedly had a weapon, was threatened with violence and ultimately killed by police before they verified he had a weapon. This man raised, pointed at, and fired a weapon at police and wasn't even shot at?

I don't understand...

Wait... I missed that they didn’t even shoot at him.

Let me get this straight: The man pointed and fired a weapon and they didn’t fire at him after being told to drop the weapon?

If there was ever a justified shooting...

I don't understand...

Every situation is different.

Why do you say that?

Because every time a criminal gets his butt kicked by the cops the videos proved they had obeyed the cops demands, but for some reason they seem to get flogged anyway.

The video will be conclusive and we will all agree.

Because every time a criminal gets his butt kicked by the cops the videos proved they had obeyed the cops demands, but for some reason they seem to get flogged anyway.

The video will be conclusive and we will all agree.

I keep forgetting about Tamir Rice’s criminal record and the crime he committed when the cops shot him. I keep forgetting Philando Castile’s crime as well. What were they again?

Clearly.

What, in your opinion, made these two scenarios different based on the information we have?

Could it be anything other than the race of the two suspects? There are several factors that could be the reason. Time of day and visibility could be two factors contributing to the actions of the police. Race is another. Which factors are incidental and which are instrumental? Can you think of any factors that could be instrumental that do not involve race?

At what point is a police officer justified in shooting a suspect?

Does he have to see a weapon?

Does he not only have to see a weapon but see the suspect pointing the weapon at him?

If a police officer sees a weapon in a suspects hands pointed at the ground and tells the suspect repeatedly to drop the weapon and he does not drop it, at what point is the police officer justified in shooting the suspect?

Is a police officer shooting a suspect ever justified if he shoots a suspect in the back?