Open Job: Danville Christian (New To KHSAA)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found their school website via Google. School was established in '96, and they list athletic programs on the high school level for golf, boys & girls soccer, cross country, volleyball, boys & girls basketball, and baseball.

At first glance, it appears that boys basketball is the only one of DCA's high school programs to be competing in the KHSAA. It looks like all the rest of their athletic programs are in the Kentucky Christian Athletic Association.

Interesting that they choose to join the KHSAA and find a new coach for the program in the same year.

I'd say with going KHSAA, job may become more than what former coaches could or wanted to do. Possible they may not have meet KHSAA qualifications for para- professional too, I don't know. We have played them many times in the past but haven't played their varsity team in a couple of years.

They havent won many games over the last few years.

Nope. They haven’t really been competitive at any level. It’ll be interesting to see what kids they can pull into their school system once they get their athletic facilities finished. It’s also important to keep in mind that kids from all surrounding counties attend DCA........

It will shake up the districts in the 12th.

It’ll be extremely interesting to see what would happen. I’m having a hard time making new districts without looking at a map. I can’t help but want to make McCreary, Southwestern, Wayne County and Somerset the new 48th. Lincoln County, Casey County, Pulaski County and Rockcastle County the new 47th, Garrard County and the four Boyle County/Danville schools the 45th and the 46th stays the same or make the 45th the four Boyle County/Danville schools and add Garrard County to the 46th. IMO Garrard County and Lincoln County should get to choose which district they would want to go to if they had to leave the 45th but I am guessing it doesn’t work that way. Either way, I have to imagine that the four Boyle County/Danville schools will be in the same district won’t they?

Not so much in football but it will definitely become interesting as time goes on when it comes to the other sports.

It will take time, but with new athletic facilities in place (assuming it includes everything other than a football facility) then they potentially COULD make some noise. And if they make enough noise, maybe football could be an option down the road.

It will take time, but with new athletic facilities in place (assuming it includes everything other than a football facility) then they potentially COULD make some noise. And if they make enough noise, maybe football could be an option down the road.

Ehhhh....knowing how entrenched Danville and Boyle County are in youth football I’ll be shocked if DCA ever attempts to field a football team unless they have a 30 year plan to become competitive. It’ll take them damn near a full generation to be competitive in football. Basketball, baseball and girls sports they can make an impact almost immediately if they play their cards right.