Cubs at Reds 4/2 - 4/3

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Pennington? The starting SS today.

Pennington is a veteran utility guy who is a solid defensive shortstop that the Reds picked up in the offseason and he played his way onto the roster in spring training. I have no problem with him replacing Peraza in the lineup today. Peraza didn't look like a major league player at the plate or in the field in that first three game series.

Pennington is a veteran utility guy who is a solid defensive shortstop that the Reds picked up in the offseason and he played his way onto the roster in spring training. I have no problem with him replacing Peraza in the lineup today. Peraza didn't look like a major league player at the plate or in the field in that first three game series.

Big issue with him being on the roster is they have two guys in the minors that completely outplayed him this spring that are more versatile. Those guys are in AAA. Doesn't make much sense to me since Pennington and Gosselin are essentially the same player.

Big issue with him being on the roster is they have two guys in the minors that completely outplayed him this spring that are more versatile. Those guys are in AAA. Doesn't make much sense to me since Pennington and Gosselin are essentially the same player.

Who are those two?