Michigan 69 Loyola Chicago 57

16thBBall Fan

One thing is certain, Michigan will need a very solid effort from start to finish against Villanova or Kansas. If they have a first half like they have had tonight and a couple other times, they could get in serious trouble.

One thing is certain, Michigan will need a very solid effort from start to finish against Villanova or Kansas. If they have a first half like they have had tonight and a couple other times, they could get in serious trouble.

Michigan won't be facing Loyola's top 20 defense in the title game so they probably will look better in the first half. The reason they looked bad in the first half is because of Loyola' defense.

And for the final stretch, give Michigan credit. They tweaked things on both ends of the floor and those little adjustments were the difference.

It looked to me like the stage got too big for them in the last eight minutes.

Every game they have played on has been a pressure packed game. It looked to me like Michigan made an adjustment on defense that messed up the passing lanes and got Loyola out of sync. I don't think it was pressure or stage too big or anything more than good adjustments by Michigan that caused turnovers at the right time and took away the layups that Loyola was getting out of their offense.

Michigan won't be facing Loyola's top 20 defense in the title game so they probably will look better in the first half.

Instead they get Nova's #14 defense and #1 offense. Loyola was #17 on D and #63 on O. To assume they will look better Monday night would seem to disregard reason...