Shoshei Ohtani

Japanese sensation and current Los Angeles Angel Shoshei Othani (I think I'm pretty close ont hat spelling) is doing something we haven't seen.

Was the starting DH on game 1 and will be the starting pitcher on Sunday.

Only about 22 years old.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice debut 6 IP 3 H 3 ER 1 BB 6K

One bad inning in the 2nd where the A's got all 3 of their hits off of him that inning including a bomb where Ohtani hung a slider.

Went 1-2-3 in the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 6th. Gave up a walk in the 4th.

The splitter is going to be a problem for the opponents.

Nice debut 6 IP 3 H 3 ER 1 BB 6K

One bad inning in the 2nd where the A's got all 3 of their hits off of him that inning including a bomb where Ohtani hung a slider.

Went 1-2-3 in the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 6th. Gave up a walk in the 4th.

The splitter is going to be a problem for the opponents.

I've heard at least 2 analysts call it a "wipe out" splitter. They said he just needs to master his command.

I'm not ready to proclaim the kid the next coming of Babe Ruth just yet. Let's see what happens after he's had 20-25 starts and 3-400 AB's, and the rest of MLB has some tape on him. These guys are pros for a reason. They will find a weakness, and they will exploit it. I'm much more interested to see how he responds at that time.

I'm not ready to proclaim the kid the next coming of Babe Ruth just yet. Let's see what happens after he's had 20-25 starts and 3-400 AB's, and the rest of MLB has some tape on him. These guys are pros for a reason. They will find a weakness, and they will exploit it. I'm much more interested to see how he responds at that time.

Yep, it's early. I think he's off to a promising start, and it will be interesting to see how he adjusts once there's a "book" on him. There's no denying that he has a ton of talent. I do think he's eventually going to have to choose either pitching or hitting to focus on.