Show Us Your Motorcycle

oldgrappler

It's that time of year! Tell us a little bit about the bike(s) you ride? And post a pic (of your bike, not you ; ).

I ride a 1975 Kawasaki 900 Z1. This was the first superbike (1973) and started the race between Japanese motorcycle manufactures to produce bikes with the fastest 1/4 mile times. It took 5 years for the other manufacturers to catch up when Suzuki came out with its GS1000 in 1978. The biggest improvememnt with the Suzuki was its frame (they basically copied Kawasaki's engine). Finally, there was a Japanese bike whose frame could handle the power and handled well.

Any way, here's my Kawasaki with period-correct custom paint:

Z1.MetamoraCanal.JPG

Z1.CoveredBridge.JPG

Not to many riders here on BGP I guess! :idunno:

I used to ride when I was younger. I had Yamaha Maxium 650 when I lived in Wisconsin. I road it home to SEKY when I was moving to from Wisconsin to Florida. I left it there with the intention of flying home and riding it down to my new digs once I got settled. It's Florida man. Have to have a bike, right?

The first 2 weeks I lived here, I saw 5 fatal motorcycle accidents just driving to and from work. Called the old man and told him to sell it for whatever he could get for it. Somebody in the Corbin/Williamsburg area got one heck of a bike.

I've ridden my brother-in-laws's Tri-Glide. If I were to get another bike, that is the one I'd get, something like that. I really like the 2018 HD Freewheeler.

One of my friends moved to Florida and got rid of his bike. He said it was too boring in Florida. All the roads are straight and the topography is flaaaat. It's pretty sad when you look forward to on-ramps and exit ramps for the opportunity lean into a turn. :)