Andre The Giant (HBO Documentary)

I’m definitely going to check this out.

Everything I’ve ever read about the guy suggests he was larger than life in every sense of the phrase.

And CWB, for a wrestling-but-not-really doc, I highly suggest The Resurrection of Jake the Snake. It was great.

And CWB, for a wrestling-but-not-really doc, I highly suggest The Resurrection of Jake the Snake. It was great.

I did watch that, yeah. I enjoyed it quite a bit. If memory serves, either @Habib or @bugatti had mentioned/recommended it. There was a lot of dark/sad stuff in there...more to do with addiction than with the wears and tears of the wrestling lifestyle, but it was really good.

I did watch that, yeah. I enjoyed it quite a bit. If memory serves, either @Habib or @bugatti had mentioned/recommended it. There was a lot of dark/sad stuff in there...more to do with addiction than with the wears and tears of the wrestling lifestyle, but it was really good.

That was me. Yes, it was incredibly sad.

• 4 weeks later...
Took my son to see him at Rupp about 35 years ago he was a big man

The first wrestling event I ever went to was at Rupp & the Main Event was Andre The Giant vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Andre was truly impressive from a physical standpoint.

Watched the documentary this weekend and it was really well done.