Odell Beckham Jr.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they are shopping him. He’s a tremendous talent, but at some point he becomes more trouble than he is worth. Especially at a position where value is greatly overrated.

The owner’s response was not a ringing endorsement.

The initial report came from Pat Leonard. He's not the best giants beat writer.

Paul Schwartz, Kim Jones and Ralph Vacchianno say their sources tell them the Giants aren't interested in trading OBJ.

This all started because Mara said nobody is untouchable after a 3-13 season. He also said trading OBJ is not a scenario he wants to see happen.

Steve Tisch, the other Giants owner, said contact negotiations are in the early stages and he does not want to trade OBJ.

Kim Jones sources said the Giants know trading OBJ isn't in there best interest.

I believe they are shopping him. He’s a tremendous talent, but at some point he becomes more trouble than he is worth. Especially at a position where value is greatly overrated.

The owner’s response was not a ringing endorsement.

When Mara was asked if he would listen to offers, he said..

"You always listen to those things, but that's not a scenario I would like to see happen. "

“I had a chance to share my thoughts on all topics Odell, other than football obviously, and it was a good visit,” Shurmur said. “He told me his favorite restaurants in town and we just got a chance to get to know one another. A very charismatic guy. I think he really cares and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Beckham has been in the forefront of a lot of minds lately, especially here at the NFL’s annual meeting which began with Giants co-owner John Mara expressing weariness over some of Beckham’s off-field antics and opening the door for a possible trade of the megastar receiver. The Odell-mania was ratcheted up further on Monday with a report that Beckham would hold out and not step foot on the field until he had a new contract and speculation that a trade was imminent.

On Tuesday morning, though, Shurmur quelled most of that hysteria...

Shurmur said he is looking forward to having Beckham on the field for the Giants in 2018, and his meeting with Beckham in Los Angeles did nothing to diminish that. In fact, it may have heightened it.

Giants coach Pat Shurmur prioritizing getting to know Odell Beckham Jr. | Newsday

When Mara was asked if he would listen to offers, he said..

"You always listen to those things, but that's not a scenario I would like to see happen. "

Reading it doesn't come across AS horribly as it was watching him deliver the message. Watching him it was pretty clear he is fed up with it all. The mere fact OBJ has put his owner in the situation where it makes it a legitimate question is troublesome.

I've always had great admiration for the Giant's ownership. They are a flagship group that doesn't accept nonsense, a big reason they've been as successful as they have been. I have no doubt they are having the conversation, "Is OBJ an ingredient to the recipe of success we want to achieve?"

Reading it doesn't come across AS horribly as it was watching him deliver the message. Watching him it was pretty clear he is fed up with it all. The mere fact OBJ has put his owner in the situation where it makes it a legitimate question is troublesome.

I've always had great admiration for the Giant's ownership. They are a flagship group that doesn't accept nonsense, a big reason they've been as successful as they have been. I have no doubt they are having the conversation, "Is OBJ an ingredient to the recipe of success we want to achieve?"

If they want to win they won't trade him. Their offense died without him last year.

Plus he hasn't really done anything crazy imo. The pizza video was stupid.

It's between free agency and the draft so sports journalists have to have something to talk about. A talent like OBJ generates interest.

As good as he is, and as dynamic as having him, Josh Gordon, and Jarvis Landry on the field at the same time would be (holy cow!), I don't really think it a good idea to bring him to Cleveland with Josh Gordon and his former college teammate (Landry) on the team. Seems like a recipe for mischief and it won't take much to get Gordon tossed out of football.

Edited by oldgrappler
fix his initials : )

@NYPost_Schwartz

Just in: John Mara states Odell Beckham Jr. is NOT on the trading block. "I don't know how much more clearly I can say it. I don't him to be traded. I want him to be a Giants. I can't say it's a 100 percent guarantee it will happen. Can't say that about any player.''