Will They Stay or Will They Go?

UKMustangFan

Now that the season has reached its (unfortunate) end, who stays and who goes for the Wildcats?

If I had to guess, I'll venture Knox, Shai, and Diallo are gone.

I think the late season injury greatly diminishes Vanderbilt's chances of leaving. I imagine he and Washington will test the waters though, and ultimately return.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on them leaving:

Knox is 100% gone

SGA is 85% gone

Vanderbilt is definitely going to test the waters. He is going to measure out and have some amazing camps and is gone. 60% chance.

Diallo is 40% chance gone. I got a feeling that he enjoys college and isn't hurting for the money like some other families. I'm sure he wants to go, but I got a feeling he's back.

Washington is 10% chance gone.

I do think they lose Baker to transfer.

A returning core of Green, Washington, Vanderbilt, Gabriel, Richards and SKJ would pair nicely with the likes of Herro, Johnson and Quickley IMO. If Cal can swing Hagans or Montgomery, look out. Same goes if he can convince Jeffries or Wiseman to reclassify.

A returning core of Green, Washington, Vanderbilt, Gabriel, Richards and SKJ would pair nicely with the likes of Herro, Johnson and Quickley IMO. If Cal can swing Hagans or Montgomery, look out. Same goes if he can convince Jeffries or Wiseman to reclassify.

I am trying not to be that fan that is already excited about next year but I can't deny who I am haha! I'm looking forward to having quite a few shooters, which it sounds like we'll have.

I am trying not to be that fan that is already excited about next year but I can't deny who I am haha! I'm looking forward to having quite a few shooters, which it sounds like we'll have.

If Baker returns, and I just assume he will, will probably be the best shooting team Cal has ever had at Kentucky.

If Baker returns, and I just assume he will, will probably be the best shooting team Cal has ever had at Kentucky.

I hope he does. I feel like he would have helped open the floor up at times this year, especially when Hami was struggling. I just have a feeling he'll transfer.

Now that the season has reached its (unfortunate) end, who stays and who goes for the Wildcats?

If I had to guess, I'll venture Knox, Shai, and Diallo are gone.

I think the late season injury greatly diminishes Vanderbilt's chances of leaving. I imagine he and Washington will test the waters though, and ultimately return.

This feels right. I think Knox will make a good pro. His game translates to playing in space and he great size.

Others I’m not that sure about.

I hope he does. I feel like he would have helped open the floor up at times this year, especially when Hami was struggling. I just have a feeling he'll transfer.

Other than just feelings, can you share insights as to why he might leave.

Other than just feelings, can you share insights as to why he might leave.

Honestly just a gut feeling. They have some very strong guards coming in. Probably didn't feel a part of the team this year either.

I'd imagine he received a medical redshirt, would that mean he could play right away elsewhere?

I have no sources and haven't read this anywhere, just call it a hunch. I hope I'm wrong.

Diallo and Vanderbilt should and likely will test the waters. I just don't see any way either go in the first round. So I'm not sure how they feel battling through the G League or overseas. Both could really benefit from a year to become better shooters and more constant. The question is will they be better off doing that at UK or under the care of an NBA team.

Knox and Alexander are the obvious ones gone.

I don't know enough about Baker and if he ends up transferring or if he sees a spot for himself next year.

I love the combo of what we likely have coming back and the recruits coming in.