Thomas More 2018

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard NAIA but can't find any articles that say anything more than they are leaving the Presidents' Conference in Division III. I'd assume a move to NAIA would put them in the Mid-South or Mid-States, but none of that is clear in what I've ready. Perhaps just an Independent.

I've heard NAIA but can't find any articles that say anything more than they are leaving the Presidents' Conference in Division III. I'd assume a move to NAIA would put them in the Mid-South or Mid-States, but none of that is clear in what I've ready. Perhaps just an Independent.

Yea I can't find anything either. I know they play Hanover this year but I noticed one team they play was a D2 team.

Sep. 01 N.C. Wesleyan at N.C. Wesleyan 12:00 PM

Sep. 08 Hanover at Hanover 1:30 PM

Sep. 15 Wis.-Platteville Wis.-Platteville 12:00 PM

Sep. 22 Huntingdon at Huntingdon 2:00 PM

Sep. 29 St. Lawrence at St. Lawrence 1:00 PM

Oct. 06 Emory & Henry at Emory & Henry 1:00 PM

Oct. 13 Muhlenberg Muhlenberg 12:00 PM

Oct. 20 St. Scholastica at St. Scholastica 1:00 PM

Nov. 03 Lake Erie Lake Erie 12:00 PM

Nov. 10 Saint John's (Minn.) at Saint John's (Minn.) 2:00 PM

I heard NAIA/Mid-South.

I would think that NAIA would make more sense, especially for the rest of the athletic programs at the school. D2 is a pretty big jump and would require lots of travel. But the person I'm close to keeps insisting it's going to be D2. I've also heard that from a recent recruit. But I can't say for sure that either is source is absolutely correct.

Sep. 01 N.C. Wesleyan at N.C. Wesleyan 12:00 PM

Sep. 08 Hanover at Hanover 1:30 PM

Sep. 15 Wis.-Platteville Wis.-Platteville 12:00 PM

Sep. 22 Huntingdon at Huntingdon 2:00 PM

Sep. 29 St. Lawrence at St. Lawrence 1:00 PM

Oct. 06 Emory & Henry at Emory & Henry 1:00 PM

Oct. 13 Muhlenberg Muhlenberg 12:00 PM

Oct. 20 St. Scholastica at St. Scholastica 1:00 PM

Nov. 03 Lake Erie Lake Erie 12:00 PM

Nov. 10 Saint John's (Minn.) at Saint John's (Minn.) 2:00 PM

That's clearly a D3 independent schedule.

Are those all road games? Three home and seven road?

I heard from a very reliable source one year independent D3 then NAIA. The same conference Georgetown is in. D2 is a lot of travel and apparently the NCAA is making it harder to get in with enrollment requirements etc.

I heard from a very reliable source one year independent D3 then NAIA. The same conference Georgetown is in. D2 is a lot of travel and apparently the NCAA is making it harder to get in with enrollment requirements etc.

That to me makes sense, more so than moving to D2, as in addition to travel, it would take several years to be competitive at that level. My question is why are they moving out of D3? And do they have to move all sports to NAIA? I'm aware of schools having different sports playing at different levels of the NCAA, but don't know of any that have some sports as NAIA, and other sports with the NCAA.

I have heard the same thing from a NAIA basketball coach that's in this conference.

Makes sense. I know Georgetown was declined admission to D2 a couple of years ago.

My question is why are they moving out of D3? And do they have to move all sports to NAIA? I'm aware of schools having different sports playing at different levels of the NCAA, but don't know of any that have some sports as NAIA, and other sports with the NCAA.

You can't participate in NAIA and NCAA simultaneously. There are a handful of teams that have sports in multiple levels of NCAA but only in baseball and hockey and they were grandfathered in back in the early 1990s.