CJ Fredrick - Covington Catholic

Adam Kunkel - Cooper

KyKy Tandy - University Heights

Mickey Pearson - John Hardin

Andrew Taylor - Corbin

Dontaie Allen - Pendleton County

Jay Scrubb - Trinity

Zion Harmon - Adair County

218 Kentucky All-State boys basketball team from Kentucky.com/Lexington Herald-Leader | Lexington Herald Leader

2018 Kentucky High School All State Teams have been announced by the Lexington Herald Leader.

No David Johnson? Wow

Josh Moore on his Twitter account said that only two coaches from Jefferson County returned their ballots. That certainly didn't help any players from Jefferson County.

Having said that, the first team is pretty solid. I personally would have put David Johnson on the first team, but everyone who is on the first team is deserving.

Josh Moore on his Twitter account said that only two coaches from Jefferson County returned their ballots. That certainly didn't help any players from Jefferson County.

Having said that, the first team is pretty solid. I personally would have put David Johnson on the first team, but everyone who is on the first team is deserving.

This proves my theory that too many all-state voters vote for what they know - local guys OR they vote for local guys b/c they're homers. If your argument is "I didn't see David Johnson so how could I vote..." then we might as well not have all-star teams.

I have seen all 10 play and all are deserving. It would be very hard for me to pick the best, but if I had to, Tandy is it. I make that decision on who I would build a team around. Again, all are very good players.

I agree all ten are deserving. Tandy is good but if hes best in state you beat an average Campbell team. Clearly Fredrick was best in state than Moreno, Tandy, Scrubbs, Kunkle then Johnson and Faulkner

I agree all ten are deserving. Tandy is good but if hes best in state you beat an average Campbell team. Clearly Fredrick was best in state than Moreno, Tandy, Scrubbs, Kunkle then Johnson and Faulkner

Imo Tandy is on a different level from the others.

Agree. He was facing double teams, and squeezing him in transition vs Campbell...and still had 30 Plus. All nice players though, but supporting casts were different for each.

Agreed. And I've seen all 10 play. It's just hard to quantify and say who is the best. They all face different challenges on their respective teams. But the ten on this list can flat out play.