Bengals sign FA LB Preston Brown

At 6’2” and 256 pounds, Brown will be a fifth-year player in 2018 after spending the last four years in Buffalo. He entered the NFL as a third-round pick (No. 73 overall) by way of the Louisville Cardinals in 2014.

Brown reportedly wanted to return home to play for the Bengals, despite the Bills having made an offer to keep him. He was born in Cincinnati and played high school football at Cincinnati Northwest before staying close to home to play at Louisville in college.

NFL free agency: Bengals signing former Bills LB Preston Brown - Cincy Jungle

This is definitely a position of need for the Bengals and once again I am glad to see us be proactive in FA to address our needs. I also like that he wants to play for Cincinnati and he is a local guy.

At 6’2” and 256 pounds, Brown will be a fifth-year player in 2018 after spending the last four years in Buffalo. He entered the NFL as a third-round pick (No. 73 overall) by way of the Louisville Cardinals in 2014.

Brown reportedly wanted to return home to play for the Bengals, despite the Bills having made an offer to keep him. He was born in Cincinnati and played high school football at Cincinnati Northwest before staying close to home to play at Louisville in college.

NFL free agency: Bengals signing former Bills LB Preston Brown - Cincy Jungle

This is definitely a position of need for the Bengals and once again I am glad to see us be proactive in FA to address our needs. I also like that he wants to play for Cincinnati and he is a local guy.

Who is this Bengals team? Another good move that is very un Bengal like. I like it.

If this keeps up, Bengals fans are going to run out of things to complain about.

I wonder ... does this set the stage for a Burfict trade?

Hopefully not. I would think the new DC would want a linebacker like Burfict to work with. This is just s step to make them a more physical better defense.

Now cut Lafell and Johnson and go get Tyrann Mathieu. Need that play making safety.

If this keeps up, Bengals fans are going to run out of things to complain about.

Mike Brown is still the owner, Marvin Lewis is still the head coach, and Andy Dalton is still the quarterback. Therefore, still plenty of things for people to complain about.