Tyler Eifert Staying in Cincinnati

Tyler Eifert agreed to a one year deal. As i said during the season. You had to bring him back and just hope this latest surgery gets him healthy. If he is healthy he changes this offense. Then if he is healthy and puts up huge numbers. He probably will price himself out of in terms of a long term contract. However they could then franchise him and get at least one more year out of him after this season still. So if he manages to stay healthy you get at least two more big years out of him. If he can't stay healthy then this is it for him.

I hope he stays healthy and has a great season for the Bengals.

Besides keeping Marvin. The Bengals have done a lot of good smart things this off season. Now I just have to hope Dalton proves me wrong and can get us over the top.

I wish they would cut Lafell though and go with the young guys. They did that in 2013 and it paid off. Lafell being here hurts this offense because Marvin won't let the young guys play over him even though he can get seperation.

Besides keeping Marvin. The Bengals have done a lot of good smart things this off season. Now I just have to hope Dalton proves me wrong and can get us over the top.

I wish they would cut Lafell though and go with the young guys. They did that in 2013 and it paid off. Lafell being here hurts this offense because Marvin won't let the young guys play over him even though he can get seperation.

I am liking the off-season too.

I don't know on letting Lafell go, the other WRs need to step up period outside of Green.

I am liking the off-season too.

I don't know on letting Lafell go, the other WRs need to step up period outside of Green.

Imo they have to be given the chance to play to step up. Dalton has never really been a spread the ball around type qb. Especially with Eifert back, Gio, Mixon. A number 3 wr on this team is like a 5th option. So imo we really have no idea how good or bad are young wrs are because they are behind a veteran in Lafell.

In 2013 people were screaming for the Bengals to sign a free agent wr opposite of Green like a Mike Wallace, or a Greg Jennings. They didn't they went ahead and let two young wrs named Marvin Jones and Sanu be the guys opposite of Green and well we saw how good the results are. If there is a veteran here Marvin usually always goes with the veteran. So Lafell being here doesnt allow the young wrs to play like in 2013. I like our young receivers and feel they can do really well if given the chance.

I can live with Green, Ross, Malone, Boyd, Core and Erickson as the wrs. Plus saves money.

• 2 months later...